I fixed my issue...

Seems that even though I had set a custom ringtone for the phone and texts, anytime I'd get a call or text from someone IN my phone book, I'd get the "stock" ringtones. When I checked each contact, they were set for the stock ringtones.

When I'd get a call or text from someone NOT in my phone book, I'd get the ringtones that I set.

All I did was make sure all my contacts were set to the ringtones that I wanted for each one and now everything is working fine.

I'm sure this isn't the way it "should" be, but at least now I get the ringtones I want to hear. It's also a little time consuming (I have about 120 contacts - took me about an hour & 1/2) - I'd hate to imagine someone with hundreds of contacts!
    01-27-10 12:23 PM
    I'm having the same problem with ringtones. I do not do custom ringtones. I set the ringtone originally for phone and messages an haven't changed them since. Yesterday my phone just went to the loud classic ringer. For some reason this phone will work great for awhile and then something changes. I sure hope that a new os will fix this.
    01-27-10 08:23 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD