Currently, I have the BlackBerry Storm... I got it the day it was released, and have been generally pleased with it for the most part. Some of my biggest complaints are slow camera, slow OS, crappy media player, and sometimes finicky typing (if my fingers are a bit sweaty). I miss having a real keyboard.

Well, my friend offered me 150$ for my Storm, and I could renew my contract and get the Tour for 200$, but I'm looking for people who have made the switch from the Storm to the Tour -- Is it worth the switch (for 50$)? Or should I just stick with the Storm? Any huge issues with the Tour? Also, does the Tour come with a Micro SD card and if so, what size? If not, could I put my Storm card in the Tour?

I haven't had a chance to play with a Tour yet, which I will need to do before I make a final decision, but I figured I'd check with you guys first and see what you think.

Thanks a lot for any help!
    07-29-09 07:14 AM
    there are so many post like this. I think everyone decided that people should just go down and check the Tour out yourself. It seems like you have enough reasons to switch. I replaced my storm with the tour and havent looked back. I did it on my own..
    07-29-09 07:16 AM
    the storm is junk compared to the Tour. The Tour walks all over the storm in every way possable. the only thing going for the storm is its bigger screen. thats it. Tour is the best CDMA blackberry out to date
    07-29-09 07:18 AM
    there are so many post like this. I think everyone decided that people should just go down and check the Tour out yourself. It seems like you have enough reasons to switch. I replaced my storm with the tour and havent looked back. I did it on my own..
    How did you "replace" it? Did you sell your Storm?
    07-29-09 07:28 AM
    How did you "replace" it? Did you sell your Storm?
    i had it replaced like 6times. They offered me the multi-fru but was like either a brand new storm or a brand new tour...I took the tour why risk it
    07-29-09 07:35 AM
    the storm is junk compared to the Tour. The Tour walks all over the storm in every way possable. the only thing going for the storm is its bigger screen. thats it. Tour is the best CDMA blackberry out to date
    Couldn't agree more. The Storm is a toy compared to the Tour. I also got the Storm the day it came out. It was cool for the first week, then was annoyed for the next 8 months every time I actually had to type something with it. I wasn't eliglble for upgrade but my wife's line was. I took her upgrade to get me the tour, then gave her the Storm to play around with. Coming from an LG flip phone, she thinks the Storm is the coolest thing ever. Everybody's happy!
    07-29-09 07:54 AM
    Couldn't agree more. The Storm is a toy compared to the Tour. I also got the Storm the day it came out. It was cool for the first week, then was annoyed for the next 8 months every time I actually had to type something with it. I wasn't eliglble for upgrade but my wife's line was. I took her upgrade to get me the tour, then gave her the Storm to play around with. Coming from an LG flip phone, she thinks the Storm is the coolest thing ever. Everybody's happy!
    Lol, women are so easy to please when it comes to technology.
    07-29-09 08:00 AM
    The Tour is awesome, I miss the large screen fromt the storm but thats about it!
    07-29-09 08:36 AM
    I hear there is a new feature called the search function. It comes in handy when a topic like this gets made 2-3 times a day.
    07-29-09 08:45 AM
    Currently, I have the BlackBerry Storm... I got it the day it was released, and have been generally pleased with it for the most part. Some of my biggest complaints are slow camera, slow OS, crappy media player, and sometimes finicky typing (if my fingers are a bit sweaty). I miss having a real keyboard.

Well, my friend offered me 150$ for my Storm, and I could renew my contract and get the Tour for 200$, but I'm looking for people who have made the switch from the Storm to the Tour -- Is it worth the switch (for 50$)? Or should I just stick with the Storm? Any huge issues with the Tour? Also, does the Tour come with a Micro SD card and if so, what size? If not, could I put my Storm card in the Tour?

I haven't had a chance to play with a Tour yet, which I will need to do before I make a final decision, but I figured I'd check with you guys first and see what you think.

Thanks a lot for any help!
    Go for the Tour and don't look back.
    You will not regret it.
    07-29-09 08:49 AM
    Can I use my Storm cables (charger, data) with the Tour?

Mark
    07-29-09 09:05 AM

Mark
    Yes you can
    07-29-09 10:16 AM

Mark
    Yep. And the battery's the same, too, so you can use the Storm's as a spare for the Tour.
    07-29-09 10:33 AM
    hahaha thats a ten ; D
    07-29-09 10:33 AM
    I'm so glad I made the switch from the Storm to the Tour. The Tour is extremely far ahead in regards to the Storm.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-29-09 11:08 AM
    i had it replaced like 6times. They offered me the multi-fru but was like either a brand new storm or a brand new tour...I took the tour why risk it
    Same here, had the Storm replaced through the multi-fru policy. Talk about a phone w/ issues. My first Storm was great until the OS update came along, then Pandora's Box was opened. Missed about 60% of my calls, calls were getting dropped, etc.

Then the replacements came. One wouldn't charge, the other's USB socket was loose and wouldn't charge/sync, another's screen stopped clicking after I put the battery in, etc. Bottom line is, they wouldn't work. The Tour has some issues, including mine, but I don't think the majority of the issues are showstoppers.
    07-29-09 11:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD