Since yesterday, my Tour has had a major problem. I was using my phone normally, put it into standby/lock, then put it into my pocket. After taking it out I noticed something horrible immediately, the big bad white screen with text on it. I assumed that maybe it was going to show the 507 error, but when I looked at it, it read "Technical Issue. Please return to place of purchase for repair." Scary. I was immediately bummed, then remembered that I have BBSAK 1.7 on my laptop. So I connected my BB in hopes of just wiping it then reloading the OS (which was the leaked .548) but it will not stay connected, meaning I can not wipe it. I've tried following the BB 101 Lecture on fixing a nuked device, but that doesn't work for me either. So I need some help on getting this fixed WITHOUT having to go through the terrible Sprint employees in my area. I figured that CB would be the best place to solve this issue before going through that drama AGAIN. Lol. Any help at all would be appreciated, and thanks to all in advance!
    03-17-10 02:09 PM
    I would keep messing with bbsak to get it to connect. I have problems staying connected to bbsak everytime I use it but it eventually works.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    03-17-10 02:19 PM
    havent used bbsak, still using jl_cmdr as i havent had any issues with it, maybe try using it to wipe since you cant connect using bbsak?
    03-17-10 02:25 PM
    I actually did try using JL_CMDR, but when I dl it from the website (I think it was Blackberry Freaks: Blackberry freeware and themes) it won't install correctly on my computer so I haven't been able to actually use it yet. Thank you for the advice so far. I really wanna get it fixed without taking it in because I'm afraid of my warranty being voided due to me having an unofficial OS on it, and them not exchanging it because of that.
    03-17-10 02:48 PM
    Well, after going without my Tour for almost a few days, I decided to finally call Sprint. The refurb should be in my hands within a few days. Kinda disappointed though; I have to redownload and reregister everything Glad to (almost) be back to Blackberry though Thanks again for all of the advice and help I received.
    03-17-10 04:10 PM
    great, just got the Technical Issue: Please return to place of purchase for repair. error too. fantastic. good job, bb.
    04-01-10 03:49 PM
    Just got mine yesterday (the error). Glad I didn't sell my 8330! Off to Verizon at 9am.....
    04-02-10 06:52 AM
    Just got mine yesterday (the error). Glad I didn't sell my 8330! Off to Verizon at 9am.....
    Just got home from the Verizon store. They said the phone was bricked, and gave me a brand new one! I was pleasantly surprised!
    04-02-10 10:04 AM
    Just got home from the Verizon store. They said the phone was bricked, and gave me a brand new one! I was pleasantly surprised!
    At some point, tech support may wake up and realize the OS needs to be reinstalled, not the phone needs to be replaced.
    04-02-10 11:12 AM
    At some point, tech support may wake up and realize the OS needs to be reinstalled, not the phone needs to be replaced.
    The guy at my local vzw store tried to re-install the os (as I did for an hour or so at home). He was not able to get past the "technical issue" screen either.
    04-03-10 07:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD