I have been reading up on the new LTE network that should be coming out next year sometime. What I have read makes it sound like LTE is just an improvement on the existing network. If that is true, does it mean that my tour will run much faster upon the release? And if so what type of improvements could I expect?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-28-09 11:23 AM
    LTE is the VZ equivalent of 4G for some GSM carriers and it will make data speeds faster. However i believe our Tours will not see any significant improvements since these devices are not LTE capable. I am sure that once this becomes the standard RIM will roll out the appropriate devices for LTE.

There has been a huge debate on the adoption of LTE, 4G and Wimax since technology giants Google and Intel advocate the latter. It is one of those things that relates to CDMA being better or worse that GSM and who gets to decide which one is which.

Overall, data speeds will be faster but i am sure that most devices today do not suport LTE or 4g since this is and will be a great revenue souce for VZ and other carriers as costumers will have to upgrade their devices.
    09-28-09 11:34 AM
    Ya, Sprint is 4g in some areas already, but no Sprint mobile phones currently will work on it just yet only PC connect cards are supported.
    09-28-09 11:48 AM
    By the way, Sprint 4G is Wimax, for those of you who care, and ultimately will not have as high bandwidth as LTE.

Any improvements 3G devices will see from LTE will be from improvements to verizon's backbone, and not the actual LTE technology.

09-28-09 12:09 PM
    Any increase in speed i can see would be awesome!

09-28-09 12:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD