If I set my volume on Normal to either 9 or 10 what does Loud go to? What does Medium go to? I was trying to find this info out but couldn't find it.

I wish there was a way to delete all the premade profiles so when I make custom ones I don't have a list of 15 lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-19-09 11:29 AM
    I was wondering the same thing. I read this: Customize Sound Profiles on the BlackBerry Tour | CrackBerry.com. So I know that Loud and Medium are relative to the Normal profile. But it is based on RIMs interpretation. How do we find out what that is exactly? It will determine what sound setting I should set for Normal.
    10-09-09 12:06 PM
    I, personally(redundant), change "normal" to the volume i need during the day(usually 7 for the phone); "medium" for night time and sleeping with email alerts off(usually 4 for the phone); and i use the "loud", "vibrate" and "alerts off" for special occasions when i need them(football games, meetings, movie theater, respectively).

so most days i only toggle through 2 profiles.. when i wake up i put it on normal, and then when im about to go to sleep, i go to medium. i also dont set special contact profiles, because it is a waste of time in my opinion. its especially annoying if you get a call from someone whom you have set a special tone for late at night and it is blaringly loud.
    Last edited by SofaKingKev; 10-09-09 at 12:26 PM.
    10-09-09 12:22 PM
    ...So I know that Loud and Medium are relative to the Normal profile. But it is based on RIMs interpretation. How do we find out what that is exactly? It will determine what sound setting I should set for Normal.
    I think that the equivalent of (10) is the limit. If you set the normal profile to 10, then medium and loud will have no effect. I set my normal to 5, thinking that medium would be around 7-8 and loud should be 10. There's no way of determining the sound value, but the volume corresponds with my thinking.
    10-09-09 02:29 PM
    So Medium is lower than Normal right?
    10-09-09 03:21 PM
    So Medium is lower than Normal right?
    No! Medium is between normal and loud.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-09-09 03:32 PM
    Yeah, they should have called it Soft, medium and loud.
    10-09-09 03:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD