I lost my tour just a couple of days ago, I have the Bestbuy insurance. does anyone know if I'll have to pay a deductible to get it replaced? i tried to call today and they don't even know!!
    08-21-09 10:11 AM
    Ah that sucks. I'm sure you'll have to pay a deductible that's how insurance works.
    08-21-09 10:18 AM
    How could you lose your baby?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-21-09 11:11 AM
    Unfortunately, the insurance from best buy doesnt cover lost or stolen phones .. which means your most likely gonna have to buy a new one. Good luck
    08-21-09 11:25 AM
    What good is the insurance if it does not cover lost/stolen? Unless it really is their usual policy that extends the mfg warr only.
    08-21-09 11:37 AM
    if you got insurance from verizon or sprint it doesnt cover lost or stolen either.. It covers everything but physical and water damage and you get a straight replacement over the counter so you dont have to wait for one to get ordered in!
    08-21-09 11:39 AM
    Are you sure about that? That doesn't make sense that VZW and Sprint (VZW is Assurion) don't cover lost or stolen. I'm pretty sure they do, otherwise what would be the point?
    08-21-09 11:42 AM
    if you got insurance from verizon or sprint it doesnt cover lost or stolen either.. It covers everything but physical and water damage and you get a straight replacement over the counter so you dont have to wait for one to get ordered in!
    That's incorrect.
    VZW Proof

Should've gotten SmrtGuard.
    08-21-09 11:44 AM
    You should invest in the 50% off deal that SmrtGuard is running. I left mine in the cart at the grocery store once. Got home and realized it. Tracked it using
    "SmrtGuard" and low and behold - someone found it and took it home with them instead of turning it in at customer sevice. Wasn't that nice. I sent a text msg to it saying that I know where you are with my phone and I'm tracking it using GPS. I would like to pick it up and will give you a $10 reward. Then I locked the phone remotely. I was able to get it back. Without SmrtGuard I would of probably never got it back and who knows what they would have found digging around in all my personal stuff.
    08-21-09 11:50 AM
    The insurance that is offered by VZW, Tec Asurion, does cover lost, stolen and physical damage.
    08-21-09 11:55 AM

nope, ANYTHING. lost or stolen too.
    08-21-09 11:56 AM
    The insurance that is offered by VZW, Tec Asurion, does cover lost, stolen and physical damage.
    Same with sprint
    08-21-09 11:58 AM
    BestBuy insurance only covers damage to the phone. Water damage, smashed, etc. But the phone has to be returned to them. So they do not cover lost or stolen.

The upshot to BestBuy insurance is there is no deductible, and I believe they always replace with new phones, not refurbs.

I personally wasn't sold on it when I got my Tour there, and kept my Verizon insurance.
    08-21-09 12:05 PM
    when I bought is at bestbuy, they stated that the insurance covers lost and/or stolen devices; I just don't know if they have a deductible. I'll be on my way after work and see what they say
    08-21-09 12:07 PM
    How could you lose your baby?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    taking the train to work early in the morning, when I got to work I realized it was no longer in my pocket!
    08-21-09 12:10 PM
    when I bought is at bestbuy, they stated that the insurance covers lost and/or stolen devices; I just don't know if they have a deductible. I'll be on my way after work and see what they say
    i had this same issue with Best Buy a few years ago. They rep that sold me the phone said their insurance was the same as the carriers insurance, even though it wasnt. my gf lost her phone and they wouldnt replace it. i just went in there asked for a manager, explained that i was lied to and stayed till i got a new phone. if they say it doesnt cover it tell them that you were told it does and dont take no for an answer. dont get mad stay calm and if they say no ask to speak to their boss.
    08-21-09 12:36 PM
    You should invest in the 50% off deal that SmrtGuard is running. I left mine in the cart at the grocery store once. Got home and realized it. Tracked it using
    "SmrtGuard" and low and behold - someone found it and took it home with them instead of turning it in at customer sevice. Wasn't that nice. I sent a text msg to it saying that I know where you are with my phone and I'm tracking it using GPS. I would like to pick it up and will give you a $10 reward. Then I locked the phone remotely. I was able to get it back. Without SmrtGuard I would of probably never got it back and who knows what they would have found digging around in all my personal stuff.
    What a great testimonial for Smrtguard!! It truly is a wonderful program. But to the original poster...the Best Buy Black tie program does not cover lost/stolen devices so hopefully that's not the plan you actually do have...
    08-21-09 12:45 PM
    tsk...tsk...that is why I use SMARTGUARD!!!

When you get your next one...invest in it. Also, Sprint COVERS EVERYTHING! The deductible used to be 50.00 now it's 100.00 for smart phones.
    08-21-09 12:47 PM
    just got off the phone with a manager at best buy and he said the black tie protection plans does not cover lost or stolen devices!
    I wish they would fire all their inept employees that give wrong information to customers!
    I'm SOL
    08-21-09 01:25 PM
    You never know, maybe their are some honest people left in the world and someone will return it to you.
    08-21-09 01:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD