Hey folks - I updated the day it came out, no problem.

My wife's BB Tour has always been slower than mine. She upgraded this afternoon and lost all the pictures that were on the phone. Is there any way to retrieve what had been on there? Not sure how this works with the SIM card or how it was saved originally.

I am beyond DESPERATE!! Photos of our kids and photos from her previous phone were on there.

Thanks in advance!!
    04-13-10 07:05 PM
    She wasn't saving them on the memory card like she should have been doing. Since they were on the device instead, if she didn't back them up with Desktop Manager during the upgrade process, then they are gone.

Sorry bud.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-13-10 07:17 PM
    She wasn't saving them on the memory card like she should have been doing. Since they were on the device instead, if she didn't back them up with Desktop Manager during the upgrade process, then they are gone.

Sorry bud.

I feared that was the answer. (Not arguing, just trying to understand) We both did the update via our phone - not via computer. I didn't backup anything either but my picture folder or whatever was still present. Just luck of the draw?

Live and learn, right? Could be worse. Thanks a lot for the response!
    04-13-10 07:20 PM
    Come to think of it, that's probably why her tour was slower than yours. Her device memory could have been full of pics.

04-13-10 07:20 PM
    I've never done an OTA upgrade because they scare me. I've always used a pc, so I don't know if it wipes pics stored on the device, but if they aren't there, then they are gone for good.

I HATE being the bearer of bad news like this. That is a real bummer for sure!

04-13-10 07:24 PM
    I've never done an OTA upgrade because they scare me. I've always used a pc, so I don't know if it wipes pics stored on the device, but if they aren't there, then they are gone for good.

I HATE being the bearer of bad news like this. That is a real bummer for sure!

I don't blame you - I thank you for responding!!
    04-13-10 07:26 PM
    You're welcome.

04-13-10 07:27 PM
    Hey nkwebb140...I don't think your pictures are lost... The day after this crappy update, my folders & pictures that I saved to the device memory were gone. After a couple of days, I reset my Tour (left ALT, right CAP, DEL)& my folders & pics were back. They weren't saved to the memory card (but they are now).
    04-13-10 07:33 PM
    In 'Options', I went to 'Memory' on her phone - shows no media card? But on my phone it shows Media Card, Free Space 682 MB's.

Why would it show no media card on hers? And how can I find out if there is one installed?

Please, of course.
    04-13-10 07:33 PM
    In 'Options', I went to 'Memory' on her phone - shows no media card? But on my phone it shows Media Card, Free Space 682 MB's.

Why would it show no media card on hers? And how can I find out if there is one installed?

Please, of course.
    When I open her camera, it says "Media Card Not Available - Photos Will Be Saved On Device Itself". It never used to say that!
    04-13-10 07:35 PM
    Just luck of the draw?
    Sry. Didn't see that part of the question when I read it. (I'm driving)

No, it's not luck of the draw. All I can figure is that your pics are on your memory card and hers were on the device.

Also, thoroughly browse both her device and her memory card if you haven't already done so.

You guys should really get in the habit of backing up your tours with Destktop Manager

04-13-10 07:36 PM
    Ahh. Then all is not lost! I bet the pics are on her media card still.

Try pulling the battery and reinserting the card.

Let us know how it turns out!

04-13-10 07:39 PM
    Also go into Options / Memory and make sure it's enabled.

04-13-10 07:42 PM
    do a battery pull too

I hated this 5.0 it is horrible I downgraded back to the 4.7 I do a backup on the DM and when I did the battery pull after installing the 5.0 all was there. I had special ring tones that hadn't shown up till I did the battery pull. and my pics as well but they are on the card too.

battery life and bluetooth sounding horrible among other issues made me downgrade
    04-13-10 07:50 PM
    Yeeaaah!! Thank you Travelling and Jude - the battery pull worked.

The media card is suddenly located and all is well. We will use the Desktop Manager to back our stuff up.

Victory!!
    04-13-10 08:16 PM
    Yeeaaah!! Thank you Travelling and Jude - the battery pull worked.

The media card is suddenly located and all is well. We will use the Desktop Manager to back our stuff up.

Victory!!
    Yipeeee!

04-13-10 08:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD