Hi all. Is it normal to loose memory? With my tour I loose about 3MB an hour. I cleaned my message folder, Facebook app, and caches. After that I'm still loosing memory. I'm running OS .624 from Sprint. Any thoughts?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by PH062909; 06-29-10 at 02:37 PM.
    06-29-10 01:52 PM
    Not a big fan of spelling the word "lose" or "losing"? lol.

When you say lose memory are you saying its keeps dropping lower and lower every hour/day? Or are you saying it fluctuates?

It is normal to fluctuate. A battery pull will restore any lost memory. But if it continues it probably is a 3rd party app that is causing it.
    06-29-10 02:13 PM
    OS can cause it, 3rd party app's installed, Themes they can all effect...
    06-29-10 02:15 PM
    "Loose" memory, LOL!!! Yeah, it can get "loose" alright. Losing memory CAN be a sign of a problem. It is normal for memory to fluctuate, both up and down as the device is operating. Your specific loss seems a bit high, though and may well be caused by a corrupt OS or a specific theme (themes are often the cause of memory loss) or a particular app. Be sure to close ALL apps after using them. Try using your phone with the stock theme for a while and see if the problem continues. These things are usually resolved by the simple process of elimination.

One more thing on themes. Not all of them are bad, so it's not like you should never use one, just cast about to find the ones that work well with your device.

Ok, my response is getting loose now, time to quit
    06-29-10 02:20 PM
    Losing memory? What can cause it?

Owning a blackberry

Seriously though. Most likely a third party app or theme.
    06-29-10 02:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD