its 8 bucks i do it everyday its going to be one of those things where you try and change it ans the rep will say oh wait i cant do that
    07-02-09 10:41 AM
    its 8 bucks i do it everyday its going to be one of those things where you try and change it ans the rep will say oh wait i cant do that
    I only have the 1.99 extended warranty on my wife's Curve. I just dropped the insurance and kept the warranty 2 weeks ago
    07-02-09 11:40 AM
    This is true, but I'm sure you can find some sort of issue to get the phone replaced within the 2 years? Thats pretty big if bestbuy doesn't cover theft, I'm assuming Verizon does? Also is it possible to buy the phone from verizon and still get coverage from best buy?
    Re: Theft and Verizon's insurance....I've carried the insurance through Verizon and have used it twice without any hassels. I don't have a smart phone yet (will have a Tour soon), but I'll carry VZW's insurance. My daughter's phone was stolen and I believe I had to file a police report to get it covered by the insurance. No biggie though, but I guess you could just say you lost it instead.
    07-02-09 12:14 PM
    Asurion Wireless Phone Protection (WPP), Advanced Devices
    Asurion Wireless Phone Protection (WPP)*

Asurion�s WPP is insurance coverage for your wireless phone and certain accessories if they are lost, stolen or accidentally damaged*. This coverage is provided by a third�party licensed insurance agency (Asurion). As a convenience to you, the monthly fee for this service is charged directly to your Verizon Wireless bill.

$6.00 per month per covered device
    $89 non�refundable deductible per completed claim
    Equipment maximum limit: $1500 per completed claim
    For a list of equipment in the Phones and Advanced Devices categories, please visit Asurion's website or call Asurion at (888) 881�2622

Claim limits: 2 Claims in a 12�month period (In New York, 2 claim limit is per policy year)
    Asurion may fulfill claims with new or remanufactured equipment. In general, claims are fulfilled with the same make and model you claim. If this is not possible, a like�kind make and model will be substituted. Color, feature and accessory compatibility are not guaranteed.
    Cancellation Policy: You may cancel your coverage at any time and receive a pro�rated refund of your unused premium.
    07-02-09 01:17 PM
    Total Equipment Coverage (WPP + Extended Warranty), Advanced Devices
    Total Equipment Coverage*

Complete protection of your wireless equipment. It combines the benefits of Asurion Wireless Phone Protection (offered by third–party insurance agency) with the Verizon Wireless Extended Warranty** program. If your phone or covered accessories are inoperable for any reason – lost, stolen damaged or malfunctioning – you can be covered. As a convenience to you, the monthly fee for this service is charged directly to your Verizon Wireless bill.

Verizon Wireless Total Equipment Coverage for Advanced Devices will help you stay connected at $7.99 per month per covered device

Total Equipment Coverage bundles: Advanced Devices $7.99 ($6.00 Asurion Wireless Phone Protection + $1.99 Verizon Wireless Extended Warranty)

Asurion Wireless Phone Protection:

$6.00 per month per covered device
    $89 non–refundable deductible per approved claim
    Equipment maximum limit: $1500 per completed claim
    For a schedule of equipment in the Advanced Devices categories, please visit Asurion's website or call Asurion at (888) 881–2622

Claim limits: 2 Claims in a 12–month period (In New York, 2 claim limit is per policy year)
    Asurion may fulfill claims with new or remanufactured equipment. In general, claims are fulfilled with the same make and model you claim. If this is not possible, a like–kind make and model will be substituted. Color, feature and accessory compatibility are not guaranteed.
    Cancellation Policy: You may cancel your coverage at any time and receive a pro–rated refund of your unused premium.
    For Asurion Wireless Phone Protection Terms and Conditions, please call Asurion Customer Service or visit Welcome Verizon Wireless Customers

Extended Warranty
    Extended Warranty provides convenient coverage against any mechanical or electrical malfunctions and manufacturer defects after the manufacturer's warranty expires. The customer receives the same model (reconditioned) as the customer’s defective device, or if the same model is not available – a comparable model. The cost, as part of this Total Equipment Coverage (Advanced Devices) bundle, is $1.99 monthly per device. Note – defective devices under the manufacturer’s warranty will be replaced for free with a certified like–new device. Just contact Verizon Wireless at 1.866.406.5154.
    07-02-09 01:19 PM
    so what the **** is the purpose of getting the extended protection plan for? it does the same thing as the insurance.
    07-02-09 01:50 PM
    It looks like the only reason for the extended protection plan is that you don't pay a deductible for it.
    Last edited by eljefe44; 07-02-09 at 02:21 PM. Reason: Oops
    07-02-09 02:20 PM
    so what the **** is the purpose of getting the extended protection plan for? it does the same thing as the insurance.
    It covers manufacturing defects for the second year of your contract. Say for instance that a key or 2 stop working on the keyboards and you have 8mos till your upgrade. VZW will replace the phone for free. If you didnt have the extended warranty you would have to file an insurance claim and pay the 90 dollar deductable. Extended warranty does not cover water damage, drops or lost/stolen phones.
    07-02-09 02:51 PM
    I had to replace my BB 3 times (2x - track wheel 8703e, 1 s/w failure). When I had warranty the replacement was free, after warranty I had to use the insurance $50 at that time, they sent me the refurb unit in both cases, but when I complained that the refurb. unit track wheel does't work for as long as a new one, they sent me a new BB.
    Thus, in your calculations one has to take into account, that replacement units in most cases are not New.
    07-02-09 03:18 PM
    It covers manufacturing defects for the second year of your contract. Say for instance that a key or 2 stop working on the keyboards and you have 8mos till your upgrade. VZW will replace the phone for free. If you didnt have the extended warranty you would have to file an insurance claim and pay the 90 dollar deductable. Extended warranty does not cover water damage, drops or lost/stolen phones.
    ah didnt think of that.
    07-02-09 03:24 PM
    After reading this thread, I think that the VZW asurion insurance would be the best for me, along with the extended warranty (because of the amount of manufacturer issues that happen after 1.5 years of using a phone).

My question is:

As a current VZW customer eligible for NE2, can I use this at Best Buy? If so, Can I Buy the phone at Best Buy (I have Reward Zone certs) and then still get the Asurion insurance through VZW?

Thanks in advance.
    07-02-09 04:21 PM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD