I am looking to upgrade my phone with Verizon and had the Curve before but didn't keep it. This phone looks very interesting and before I get one I want to find out how others like this new phone. Let me know and if any of you have also had the storm this is one of my other options even though I have heard bad things about it I heard the OS has gotten better on it and that is the OS that the Tour is running off of now.
    07-19-09 10:10 PM
    You can't go wrong with the tour. Why did you get rid of your curve?
    07-19-09 10:15 PM
    I've owned the Storm and have a Tour now. I loved the storms screen size, it was great for browsing the web and watching videos. If you don't type much on the phone the lack of keyboard was okay, the touchscreen was much nicer than rolling around a trackball. The Tour however has a much more stable os and radio. If you need a phone you have to type on often you should get the Tour. The Storm is more for multimedia use in my opinion but it is flawed even with the beta firmwares. I would either get the Tour or hold out for the Storm 2.
    07-19-09 10:16 PM
    07-19-09 10:18 PM
    I like mine. More info available here:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/search.php
    07-19-09 10:25 PM
    I've owned the Storm and have a Tour now. I loved the storms screen size, it was great for browsing the web and watching videos. If you don't type much on the phone the lack of keyboard was okay, the touchscreen was much nicer than rolling around a trackball. The Tour however has a much more stable os and radio. If you need a phone you have to type on often you should get the Tour. The Storm is more for multimedia use in my opinion but it is flawed even with the beta firmwares. I would either get the Tour or hold out for the Storm 2.
    Cool yea I do a lot of text messaging so I think I will like having the keyboard...Have you had any problems with it? Do you have problems texting people without a blackberry? When I had my curve I got rid of it because my fiance couldn't recieve picture messages from me I want to know if this is a problem or maybe it was a fluke thing?
    07-19-09 10:29 PM
    Cool yea I do a lot of text messaging so I think I will like having the keyboard...Have you had any problems with it? Do you have problems texting people without a blackberry? When I had my curve I got rid of it because my fiance couldn't recieve picture messages from me I want to know if this is a problem or maybe it was a fluke thing?
    I haven't had any problems with my curve except for my videos not playing as well as they did on my storm. I never have problems with text messages except for some occasions with Sprint but I believe it was on Sprint's end. If it was only your fiance that couldn't receive your picture messages but other people you sent them to could it was probably on his end if he uses a different carrier. If it was everyone it shouldn't have been your phone but perhaps there was a setting that was incorrect and Verizon technical support could have fixed it for you.
    07-20-09 03:27 AM
    You have ur big toe in the water now its time to jump in. I know a few ppl with the phone and they say its great. I played with it and it is a great phone.

Good luck and make sure u have insurance. Have a good day.
    07-25-09 01:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD