My phones seems to take a number of minutes to fully boot up after removing the battery from the device and then replacing it. Is this normal for the Tour (or other BB's, for that matter) or is there something wrong with my phone?
    07-15-09 10:40 AM
    mine takes almost 4 minutes! ridiculous
    07-15-09 10:40 AM
    the storm was like that too, but new os upgrades helped a lot. hopefully it will be addressed in the next os upgrade
    07-15-09 10:41 AM
    mine takes almost 4 minutes! ridiculous
    Is this your first BB also or have you had another BB in the past that you could compare it too?
    07-15-09 10:41 AM
    yeah mine does take some time to reboot after a reset as well. no big I barely reset/pull my battery. it's been pretty solid.
    07-15-09 10:58 AM
    yeah mine does take some time to reboot after a reset as well. no big I barely reset/pull my battery. it's been pretty solid.
    I'm hoping that that's the case for me aswell. I just found it a bit odd that the Tour takes 2x to 3x longer to boot than the Treo 700WX I just replaced running WinMo.
    07-15-09 11:04 AM
    Mine takes about 5 minutes to boot as well.
    07-15-09 11:05 AM
    its a blackberry thing. They really aren't meant to completely power down. Even when you turn them off they are in a deep deep sleep
    07-15-09 11:06 AM
    Same here. Definitely longer than the Curve 8330 it replaced.
    07-15-09 11:06 AM
    I'm hoping that that's the case for me aswell. I just found it a bit odd that the Tour takes 2x to 3x longer to boot than the Treo 700WX I just replaced running WinMo.
    I am not familiar w the Treo's so I can't really compare sorry about that. But my theory is with the os being new etc and so much going on in the phone I guess that can sort of explain the time it takes to boot. But I believe someone stated that as the storms os got updated boot time was reduced. I'd sit tight depending on how patient you are bc I'm sure updates will be flying left and right soon to fix folks issues you know?
    07-15-09 11:12 AM
    I am not familiar w the Treo's so I can't really compare sorry about that. But my theory is with the os being new etc and so much going on in the phone I guess that can sort of explain the time it takes to boot. But I believe someone stated that as the storms os got updated boot time was reduced. I'd sit tight depending on how patient you are bc I'm sure updates will be flying left and right soon to fix folks issues you know?
    Are these updates you speak of something that will come OTA or will I need to d/l them and sync it with my pc?
    07-15-09 11:14 AM
    Are these updates you speak of something that will come OTA or will I need to d/l them and sync it with my pc?
    I'm not to sure if ota is just for bes or bis. I'm sure someone will chime in on that. But all the os updates I've done have been saved to the computer etc then put on the device through desktop manager. That's why I was saying it really is going to depend on how patient you are. Then that 5.0 os release is coming as well so 4.7 will be a thing of the past.
    07-15-09 11:17 AM
    any other boot up times?
    07-22-09 12:57 AM
    mine took over SIX minutes this evening - and then another couple minutes before it was usable. unbelievable. my Pearl did it in half that time and I got annoyed.
    08-11-09 07:21 PM
    agree with petes99. Mine takes anywhere from 5 - 10 minutes. I have tried to figure why some boot times take longer then others and I can find nothing w/ the exception that an installation reboot usually takes less time than an "OS freeze" batt pull. Pearl was much in this regards.
    08-11-09 07:26 PM
    Yea mine is about 5 minutes at the very most. It kinda sucks but eh, what can ya do.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-11-09 07:26 PM
    geez...mine takes close to 10 mins almost all the time
    08-11-09 08:35 PM
    My phones seems to take a number of minutes to fully boot up after removing the battery from the device and then replacing it. Is this normal for the Tour (or other BB's, for that matter) or is there something wrong with my phone?
    Check and see if your memory cleaning is on.

08-11-09 08:42 PM
    Mine takes 2-5 minutes longer then other tours sitting side by side. What could it be from?
    08-12-09 11:23 AM
    my curve take about 4 min to boot up too.
    08-12-09 11:25 AM
    My phone boots up pretty quickly, unless I change the sim card or media card, then it takes several minutes
    08-12-09 11:25 AM
    Yeah mine takes probably 10 min. or so to boot, not too worried about it. However it gets a little annoying sometimes.

08-12-09 11:39 AM
    mine was 10+ minutes when i got it

then i reinstalled the OS and its down to like 7

i think that i had a few problems because i had apps that i ported from my old storm onto my tour

still takes way too long, good thing it has lots of memory and minimal leaks
    08-12-09 11:50 AM
    Mine takes 2-5 minutes longer then other tours sitting side by side. What could it be from?
    from 3rd party programs...the more you have installed..the longer it takes the OS to start up
    08-12-09 07:18 PM
    This is normal.
    08-12-09 09:01 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD