I'm on my 3 or 4th Tour replacement and I don't understand why the "K" lock function doesn't work. Is this something I need to program?? I never had to I just thought it was standard. I know I have the mute/lock key but I like pressing the "k" instead.

Anyone else have this issue?
    05-14-10 11:46 AM
    I don't think it works on the Tour. Just like R no longer accesses the alarm clock. Most of the rest of the shortcuts work, though. Maybe someone else knows a trick that I don't.
    05-14-10 11:57 AM
    Works on my Tour running 5.0.0.591 no problem.

Check: Phone (Green Send Key) -> BB Key -> Options -> General Options and be sure that "Dial from Home Screen" is set to "No."
    05-14-10 05:03 PM
    Works on my Tour running 5.0.0.591 no problem.

Check: Phone (Green Send Key) -> BB Key -> Options -> General Options and be sure that "Dial from Home Screen" is set to "No."
    Bingo. You have to turn off dial from home screen for it to work.
    05-14-10 05:05 PM
    I have that turned off and all of my other shortcuts work, but not k or r. To lock it, I have to press and hold a or the top lock button. Hmmmmm.
    05-14-10 07:06 PM
    I'm on my 3 or 4th Tour replacement and I don't understand why the "K" lock function doesn't work. Is this something I need to program?? I never had to I just thought it was standard. I know I have the mute/lock key but I like pressing the "k" instead.

Anyone else have this issue?
    The "K" function only works when you have a password set.

Essentially the top "lock button" only puts the phone in stand-by and doesn't actually "lock" it with your password.

If you use a password to lock your phone you will have to set it to a side convenience key, use the lock icon, or the "k" function.
    Last edited by abboder; 05-14-10 at 07:39 PM.
    05-14-10 07:34 PM
    Pressing and holding the "A" also works the same as the top lock button to lock the keyboard.
    05-14-10 09:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD