I went to blackebrry.com to find out what this was. My question is what does everyone have this set to?
    Does it effect battery life at all? is it needed?
    07-15-09 02:20 PM
    disable it. known to drain battery.
    08-09-09 11:45 AM
    actually change that. i have mine set to enabled. i think it is when you edit permissions for certain apps to use GPS. i have GPS services set to off when i am not using it. location aiding isnt very accurate i found. has location over a 1000 meter radius.
    08-09-09 11:46 AM
    it probably actually helps battery life
    the gps antenna is not accessed by your phone unless an app is requesting it
    assisted gps means that your phone's position is being narrowed down by cell towers triangulating your position while the gps acquires a signal
    so if you think about it. it makes it take less time to find you, meaning less time with the gps on. ergo saves battery
    08-09-09 11:50 AM
    I was always told it drains battery life

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-09-09 12:01 PM
    it probably actually helps battery life
    the gps antenna is not accessed by your phone unless an app is requesting it
    assisted gps means that your phone's position is being narrowed down by cell towers triangulating your position while the gps acquires a signal
    so if you think about it. it makes it take less time to find you, meaning less time with the gps on. ergo saves battery
    Couldn't have said it any better.

08-09-09 12:02 PM
    No battery drain at all

08-09-09 10:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD