12-30-09 02:37 PM
36 12
tools
    I also agree that you need to call a lawyer
    12-28-09 05:14 PM
    the thing is I've only been working there a month..can she not fire me for anything she wants?..I made a police report on the way home..and people want me to call the labour board which I will once holidays are over because they are not answering..I think it's pretty ridic getting fired because you reported your cell phone stolen.. when I mentioned that I brought security back there she was like :| EXCUSE MEEE?????!?!?!?!? like I offended her..but seriously..cmon woman..the item is like 500 bucks! of course I'm going to do what I can..I'm still not impressed how my keys magically landed in the box of hangers I was no where near...at all...so dumb..my cousin is a lawyer..once I get my hands on a phone I'll see what she can do..thanks for the advice guys..
    12-28-09 06:29 PM
    Dude. I hate to say it, but I think your BOSS stole your phone. She "happened" to mysteriously find your keys in some random box of hangers you had nothing to do with, and then she fired you for investigating what happened.

She probably stole your keys and phone, dumped the keys in with the hangers when she realized the only thing she could do with them was grand theft auto, and then sold your phone to someone on the street for cash. Then that person probably downloaded the ring tones, etc.

Definitely contact the labor board. She can't fire you like that.

And follow up with the police on their progress.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-28-09 09:27 PM
    if she was younger I'd agree but she some old lady that has problems working...annnd she wasn't working the night the phone went missing..all the staff that has been there before I got there I fully trust but there is this one girl whose 18..got hired after me..and she just rubs me the wrong way..I thought she took it 100%..still do..everyone was thinking maybe a customer went into the back room but my boss was so confident that no customer ever goes back there so it had to be an employee and I tried to explain to her that I did not think it was her 'older' staff but the newest one...anything I said she got offended by and just kept getting angrier and angrier...she was basically trying to say that I was a ****** and probs lost it somewhere..the thing is I patted myself down in the first store I went and said oh..I forgot my phone..so I know I didn't even have it when I left...I know I didn't even grab it! then she tried to get me to call it and I had to explain to her that it had been disconnected because on my online account I saw someone using the data and downloading 28.00 worth of ring tunes..she freaked out saying she didn't want to deal and told me I was 'unworkable'...wtf does that even mean? all because I reported my cell being stolen..ughh so dumb!!
    12-29-09 02:19 AM
    yeah i did both minus the cash...sooo wanna hear an awesome twist to this story? ...so i go into work today and mention to my boss that someone had gone in the backroom and removed my phone and keys. She said she found my keys in a box of hangers..which is really random because I had nothing to do with them yesterday and they should not have been there at all..secondly..she got very insulted that I presented the idea that someone unauthorized went into the back room..or someone that works there stole..she got really angry and fired me...i have only been working there a month..can i do something about this wrongful dismissal cuz not gunna lie...it was just plain mean and uncalled for...

This is totally messed up. Follow through on the police report. I don't know how much success you will have with the woman firing you. Everyone reports to someone, maybe you can find/speak to HER superior and file a complaint. In the mean time keep the faith and hopefully things will look better for you in the new year.
    12-29-09 01:18 PM
    Don't know what state you live in but if you live in Ohio and someone fires you there is nothing you can do about it. Ohio Employers have the right to fire anyone for anything. Not sure how they have this right but they just do. I have seen a car salesman get fired for buying a new car from another dealership and there was nothing he could do about it.
    12-29-09 01:37 PM
    Why didn't you have a password on your device?

That's the first thing I did on my Tour. People get so consumed with apps and whining about features that they forget the simple things.

12-29-09 01:52 PM
    One other thing.

About a month ago, I thought I left my Tour in my hotel room. However, when I returned an hour later, it wasn't there.

Turns out it fell out of my jacket pocket. Was still lying in the same spot (I'm assuming) where it landed.

Downside - it was in the rain (for nearly two hours).
    Upside - Seidio case saved it.

My point is that it's real easy for these things to slip out of pockets...

12-29-09 01:59 PM
    Sorry for what has happened to you. I hope you have insurance on your BB I have never had to have ins before on a device but since I now have a BB I have the monthly insurance premium BB are hot to steal so decided it was a good thing to have. Also if something happens to it once the warranty is up will be covered.
    As long as you have ins it won't cost you except for the deductible to get another BB and you will need to make a police report as well.
    So call and report it missing so it can't be used and make a police report.
    Good luck
    12-29-09 02:19 PM
    Don't know what state you live in but if you live in Ohio and someone fires you there is nothing you can do about it. Ohio Employers have the right to fire anyone for anything. Not sure how they have this right but they just do. I have seen a car salesman get fired for buying a new car from another dealership and there was nothing he could do about it.
    I believe he is from Canada since his service provider is Telus.
    12-29-09 02:28 PM
    first off..i'm a she and yes I do live in Canada..I'm not too worried about being fired cuz it's just a job however I am annoyed that it did happen..for no reason as well..and that I have to spend money on a new phone that was stolen..I was thinking of ebaying it up for a better one..blackberry bold maybe..

It's stupid of the thief though because it's a Telus phone, which means no SIM card..if you try to activate it..it's been flagged as stolen so it will be confiscated and there is only one Telus operator in town and my best friend works at it so I'd be able to get it back ASAP..annd to top it off I've disconnected the service so now, that phone is extra useless..no point in stealing it..the police station said they are pretty good at getting stolen phones back because once people find out it's useless they chuck it and it gets sent to the police station..she said you'd be surprised what random stuff gets turned in lol..anyways..hope my phone turns in before buying a new one!

And, I've only been working at my job a month so I don't know what I can do but I do plan to inquire..also to let her DM know how she handled the situation and that he should ensure that no one else is going into the backroom or that a member of staff is stealing.
    12-30-09 02:37 PM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD