OK. Last question before I take the plunge. It states in another post to plug in my usb and then click on loader.exe file to begin the upgrade process. BUT.I have 13 files that start with "loader" and none have the .exe. What now?
    It's because you don't have your pc set to show file extensions. Go into Computer (or My Computer depending on OS ver), go to File/Options (or folder options. I am not near a pc so I can't walk you through it. I'm doing it by memory.)

Anyway, you'll see a bunch of check boxes. Clear the box that says, "hide file extensions for known file types."

Now you will see file extensions, including .exe.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-17-10 08:10 PM
    I loaded .484 by d/ling the sprint file, removing vendor.xml and the OS is BLAZING. Much faster and more stable than .419 in my honest opinion.

I loaded it over the 419, with no BBSAK or wipes of any sort. Strictly desktop manager, making sure my Wifi was turned off. No reg email everytime I reboot - only got it once.

No lags, speedy, all my apps were in tact. Battery seems to be pretty good! And so far I haven't noticed by service bars jumping from 1XEV to 1xev just by standing in the same spot, so I'm THRILLED about that.

Only thing I am confused about is the lock button on the top - which usually locked my screen (password lock) and now it doesn't do that. Been reading a lot about that.

Small price to pay- I just lock with the lock icon now. I'm willing to give that up until a fix comes along, but I'm always so confused why so many people have the most drastic issues - this thing is running near flawless for me, and I'm usually the first to complain about little nagging things.
    02-17-10 09:27 PM
    It sure is fun playing with different OS', isn't it? Next thing you know you'll be wiping and loading hybrids and all manner of other fun things to tweak the performance even more.

Careful, it can be addicting...

02-17-10 09:33 PM
    For the record, I never had my photos load this fast as they do on .484. Not on my storm or on any version of Tour's leaks or officials up until now.

I scroll, the thumbs load instantly. No more lag or delay.

LOVE that!!!!

02-17-10 10:20 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD