Do any of you anticipate lines for the Tour July 12th? I'll be out of town and looking to pick one up at a Verizon near my hotel but I'm curious on if you guys think there will be lines.

I don't think there was a line at my Circuit City Verizon store the day of that release for the storm and I'm thinking the tour release is even less hyped.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by JHatz; 06-30-09 at 06:39 PM.
    06-30-09 06:36 PM
    I doubt there will be lines. The Tour hasn't really gotten any advertising other than the recent video on VZW's website. On top of that this device isn't really aimed at regular consumers...more of the business types. I think this is gonna be a phone that the casual consumer stumbles upon when it's time to upgrade. At least for the first month it's out or so.
    06-30-09 06:43 PM
    I'm pretty sure there are going to be lines even though its not widely advertised. I remember when the 8900 came out for Tmobile. Not advertised at all and they still managed to sell out in stores, granted most stores only got a hand full. Its always better to go early then to go home without one.
    06-30-09 07:02 PM
    I'll be going an hour early, just to make sure I get one after all of this waiting. Will there be a big line? No, I highly doubt it.

I am going to make a prediction: If you are on a short line waiting for the Tour, see how many of the people there have accounts on Crackberry.com lol
    06-30-09 07:04 PM
    I'll be going an hour early, just to make sure I get one after all of this waiting. Will there be a big line? No, I highly doubt it.

I am going to make a prediction: If you are on a short line waiting for the Tour, see how many of the people there have accounts on Crackberry.com lol
    I was thinking the same thing... ten people waiting in line for the Tour will probably all know each other from the forum. Too funny.
    06-30-09 07:12 PM
    Yeah there will be lines I'm sure

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-30-09 07:14 PM
    I don't live in a large city so i really doubt there will be big lines. Will it be in stores on that sunday the 12th?
    They didint even have lines for the 3GS over here so i doubt they will have them for the tour. I know im gonna wait and get one at the retail store. I want to play with it before i order one. Giving up the storm, its already on ebay but not moving much :-((
    06-30-09 08:20 PM
    I don't really foresee lines for this phone but i don't know. There is still time for advertisement to be started up so we will have to wait an see.
    06-30-09 08:24 PM
    I can't really imagine lines, like stated above there has been almost no advertising.

There aren't any big changes like the storm, just refinements. Its not being marked to the casual consumer like the storm was.

06-30-09 08:36 PM
    Don't you think that there will be alot of current Storm users who are going to be trading/replacing those units?
    06-30-09 08:44 PM
    Don't you think that there will be alot of current Storm users who are going to be trading/replacing those units?
    perhaps. i for one love my storm and am keeping it along with the tour
    06-30-09 08:50 PM
    I guarantee there will be ZERO people in line at Circuit City stores.
    06-30-09 09:13 PM
    No for the simple fact that unlike these boards would have you to believe there re many quite content with their Storm, they just aren't as vocal...most people post to complain about the storm. I'd say 10k or less switch from Storm to Tour.
    This phone is aimed at the exact same market the 8830 which is the higher tier. Business people will grab this mostly. Consumers mostly bought Curves...still I expect solid sales and easily 500k+ by the end of this quarter

06-30-09 09:18 PM
    No for the simple fact that unlike these boards would have you to believe there re many quite content with their Storm, they just aren't as vocal...most people post to complain about the storm. I'd say 10k or less switch from Storm to Tour.
    This phone is aimed at the exact same market the 8830 which is the higher tier. Business people will grab this mostly. Consumers mostly bought Curves...still I expect solid sales and easily 500k+ by the end of this quarter

There are 7 people at work that have blackberrys but do not visit this forum. I asked them all what the Tour was and they had no idea. If there are lines, it will only be from these forums.
    06-30-09 09:38 PM
    I think there will be lines in some areas but maybe not in others..

I think it really depends on where you live..
    06-30-09 09:55 PM
    06-30-09 11:03 PM
    Awww boooooo. Don't remind me, CCity4Life!!!
    06-30-09 11:20 PM

agreed. outside of the crackberry community, when i bring up the tour people are like, "huh?" so i'm thinking only people who know of this phone will be lining up to get it, or ordering them early. i'm sure these units will be very popular, but i don't think this is gonna be a storm incident again. i'm sure there are a lot of these in stock, and the people preordering through telesales or going to stores are going to be mostly crackberry members.
    granted, there're a good number of us on this forum, but not all of us are in the same city.
    bottom line: i doubt you'll have an issue getting the tour, wherever you choose to go pick it up.

i, for one am jealous of all of you calling telesales or going in store. i can't upgrade til august 22nd.
    06-30-09 11:51 PM

Yeah I agree it really depends where you live and how bad people want it
    06-30-09 11:56 PM
    I dont think there will be lines but I do expect them to sell out in stores in the first day or two because of limited availability. VZ hasnt promoted this phone at all yet. The tour will be just like the Pearl flip.

It shouldnt be like the Storm where it sold out within the first 15 mins if not sooner. The Storm recieved heavy promo almost 2 months before release. No one knows about this phone except for techies that visit websites like this.

It's not like its exclusive to VZW like the Storm. Every CDMA carrier is getting the Tour. And the GSM carriers already have comparable BB's like the 8900 and the Bold. Meaning I dont see anyone changing carriers for the Tour like they did for the Storm which was exclusive between RIM and VZW.
    07-01-09 12:26 AM
    No one but the people who follow phone news know about the Tour so prob no lines

07-01-09 06:16 AM
    Hey, did you notice the Circuit City ad on the comments section of the Tour Pre-order blog? I guess there is still a few left.
    07-01-09 06:44 AM
    The only people that will probably be aware that this phone has launched are the people that are on forums like these. There won't be any lines.
    07-01-09 07:35 AM
    I am going to show up early to my VZW Store. Being single and without kids gives you time do do stuff like this. Sitting in the heat will be a good way to work the alcohol out of my system from the night before. I don't really have anything better to do on a Sunday morning.
    07-01-09 08:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD