Everyone wants Wifi, nearly everyone, so why don't we all tell Verizon what we want and maybe they'll listen. I love Verizon's coverage and I have quick data on my phone but if I have to hear my friends lame argument stating the iPhone has Wifi making it better I will seriously scream.
    On Verizon's site there is a "Send us an Email" thing and just maybe if a bunch of people rise up they'll get the idea.
    Everyone who thinks it crazy they don't just give us what we want take 5 minutes and send an email.
    03-26-09 12:21 AM
    I don't think they will listen. Shame really. i don't use WiFi a lot but it does come in handy, its a great option to have.
    03-26-09 12:24 AM
    It is a nice option but we have a great network in Verizon and their 3g

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-26-09 12:29 AM
    We have the greatest network but why not appease everyone with Wifi...?
    03-26-09 12:43 AM
    If you were Verizon and say you wanted "stats" on how many user are on your network, you wouldn't want wifi there so you get more users using your data. This showing lot of people use your data giving you an option to call yourself "the largest 3g network." this is just my opinion

Last edited by Stiefler07; 03-26-09 at 12:58 AM.
    03-26-09 12:54 AM
    Not to mention the "well I have wifi, I don't need a data package" can of worms.
    03-26-09 01:10 AM
    yea i think that is the main reason they will not give ti wifi is they are afraid of losing data plans. but the only real way to get verizon to listen if enough poeple refuse to buy the 9630. which will not happen and sorry i will be buying the device with or without it.
    03-26-09 01:40 AM
    Don't you guys know that Verizon requires their customers to have a data plan with their BBs???
    03-26-09 02:29 AM
    yea but some people can try to use unlocked ones. who knows what their logic is people try all kinds of different things lol i mean it really doesnt make sense to just not offer it on BB when it is available on winmo phones especially since most of the BB plans are unlimited anyway it isnt like people would be able to undercut them. it is annoying perhaps it could be some deal with cingular and tmobile sort of noncompete agreement? verizon usually has better coverage so they let them have a feature they will not offer to "even the playing field" so to speak. is this case? probably not haha and im probably just rambling on who knows. what i do know is near future will not be hold BB wifi enabled cdma phones. :/ and that sux!!!
    Last edited by ReaperZ1013; 03-26-09 at 07:37 AM.
    03-26-09 07:33 AM
    There are some test units that do have WiFi onboard but the Wifi kills the battery really fast. CDMA devices do not get the same battery life that GSM units do and having WIfi on would be a major battery hog. As for worrying about Data plan useage, verizon understand that all BB's get unlimited data anyway and customer service will not activate a BB without a data plan so they arent concerned. Its mainly just an issue with choosing which radio's are needed and which are a potential issue.
    03-26-09 08:26 AM
    I don't think that I need it, but then again I've never had it so maybe I just don't know what I'm missing.
    03-26-09 08:32 AM
    Nice thread. Made me laugh
    03-26-09 10:02 AM
    The last time I used wifi on a Berry is when I had my Curve on TMO. And to be totally honest, I didnt use it all that often. Nice feature? Sure. But its not the make or break option for me.

But Im sure there are far more people out there that rely on WiFi.
    03-26-09 10:10 AM
    You can tell them anything you want. Doesn't mean they have to listen...

03-26-09 10:14 AM
    yea i think that is the main reason they will not give ti wifi is they are afraid of losing data plans. but the only real way to get verizon to listen if enough poeple refuse to buy the 9630. which will not happen and sorry i will be buying the device with or without it.
    I don't think VZW will listen to the customers at all, and you're right, not enough people will refuse to buy the new devices. BUT... if RIM stood up to VZW and said "Hey, we offer all these capabilities and you keep limiting them. Maybe we'll offer these new devices to your competitors instead." THEN I think VZW will listen. Because if they cannot offer the newest BB devices, they WILL lose alot of business.
    03-26-09 10:48 AM
    Vote with your wallets
    03-26-09 10:52 AM
    I don't think VZW will listen to the customers at all, and you're right, not enough people will refuse to buy the new devices. BUT... if RIM stood up to VZW and said "Hey, we offer all these capabilities and you keep limiting them. Maybe we'll offer these new devices to your competitors instead." THEN I think VZW will listen. Because if they cannot offer the newest BB devices, they WILL lose alot of business.
    RIM would lose just as much business because a lot of people would stick with verizon regardless. so this will not happen neither will stand up to each other they have enough sales on both sides. and you are right they will not listen to a couple of people over one minor feature i mean enough people sign a petition then maybe. but you will not get enough people to hold off because right now every vzw BB user who doesn't have a storm has a device that is old in the tech world. i love my curve but it is not cuttign edge. the 83xx series have been out for a while and are a great phone. but a lot vzw BB user who doesn't have the storm have been waiting for a new device. so you will have way too many people ready to jump on this when their upgrades come up. or even paying retail like myself.
    03-26-09 11:07 AM
    Verizon does a pretty decent job of listening to their customers. Case in point
    -Unlimited Tex/picture messaging
    -Friends and Family
    -Prorated ETFs
    -Unlimited Minutes

There us rumors of wifi but would be late 4th quarter or 2010 :-X
    03-26-09 11:20 AM
    -Friends and Family
    -Prorated ETFs
    -Unlimited Minutes

Where are you hearing this rumor from? That would mean a CDMA blackberry will be released with wifi, the 1st of its kind...
    03-26-09 12:39 PM
    except that wifi is extremely faster
    03-26-09 12:46 PM
    -Friends and Family
    -Prorated ETFs
    -Unlimited Minutes

yea, and add unlocking GPS for BB maps too right? The problem isn't that they inevidably change, its that they are always the last ones TO change!
    03-26-09 03:45 PM
    The problem with this kind of movement is that the people on this forum probably make up less than 1% of Verizon's customer base.
    03-26-09 04:27 PM
    The problem with this kind of movement is that the people on this forum probably make up less than 1% of Verizon's customer base.
    I 1 out of a 100 talk they will listen. The people here are a very loud group and well informed. I have been emailling for three days now and have got responces every time.
    03-26-09 07:17 PM
    A lot more than 1% of the "blackberry community" on this site! Don't underestimate the power of crackbery! I'm emailing them right now as we speak! I will also call, ask for tech department and ask who to speak to about this issue on a corporaste level
    Last edited by RicanMedic78; 03-26-09 at 07:27 PM.
    03-26-09 07:25 PM
    A lot more than 1% of the "blackberry community" are on this site! Don't underestimate the power of crackbery! I'm emailing them right now as we speak! I will also call, ask for tech department and ask who to speak to about this issue on a corporaste level
    I have been emailing them for three days. I posted my questions and their replies on another thread here on CB.
    03-26-09 07:29 PM
57 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD