Earlier today, my left-sided convenience key stopped working. It's setup to activate the camera. I checked the options -- it's still set appropriately. I did a battery pull (did not help). I installed the new OS (via DM), rebooted as appropriate, did setup all over again, etc., etc., still doesn't work. I am definitely pushing the button, and it's definitely NOT bringing up the camera. Thoughts?

Thanks!
    09-18-09 10:54 PM
    Sorry -- I meant, RIGHT sided convenience key. Left is set to voice dialing. I'm still thinking about radiographs, apparently (I'm a veterinarian)...where left is right and right is left.
    09-18-09 10:55 PM
    If you haven't done so, try to set it to something else. Then reset it back to camera, couldn't hurt.
    09-18-09 10:56 PM
    For more information, I switched the left-sided key to the "blackberry messenger" - touched it - and it did pull up BB messenger. I then switched it back to "camera" and it doesn't work. So, that tells me it's NOT hardware, but software??
    09-18-09 10:57 PM
    I googled my problem after posting it in here. It located another thread in crackberry, and apparently, there's a "double click." All is working now.

The only other problem I'm having (so far) is that with the new Incipio Feather case, the charger doesn't seem to plug in nicely. The case causes the port for the cord to be too recessed. Has anyone else experienced this?
    09-18-09 11:04 PM
    I googled my problem after posting it in here. It located another thread in crackberry, and apparently, there's a "double click." All is working now.

The only other problem I'm having (so far) is that with the new Incipio Feather case, the charger doesn't seem to plug in nicely. The case causes the port for the cord to be too recessed. Has anyone else experienced this?
    I'm so sorry that you are having problems with the fit of your charger. Please contact support@incipiotech.com as they will be happy to replace your case for you. If you have a picture demonstrating the issue at hand that would also be very useful.
    09-23-09 12:19 PM
    Funny, I had the same issue and because it was under 30 days so I got a replacement. When I got the new one, I noticed the same issue, the damn right convenience key wouldn't work. Little did I know you have to double click it. Would have saved me a lot of work had I'd known.
    09-24-09 08:02 AM
    Make sure you're pushing it in the WHOLE way.
    09-24-09 08:32 AM
    double click? like a mouse? you click the key, let go of it, then click it again?

min has a 2 stage button, it allows for a half click, then a full click that will activate the camera. when the camera the half click activates the auto focus, then without releasing the button, continue to depress the key and the camera will take the photo
    09-24-09 08:43 AM
    Yeah, the right side convenience key works very much like a camera button. It can take a little getting used to.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-24-09 08:53 AM
    Do other BBs not have this kind of button? The Tour is my first BB and I noticed the 2-stage button right away when I tried taking a picture. Push it down part-way to focus, all the way to take the picture.
    09-24-09 09:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD