Just got my tour today...

Just finished programming my Phone Only profile, All notification have LED ON...

Just got some emails and BBM, and my led doesn't flash... Before and after a Quickpull...

Anyone got this problem?
    09-11-09 03:19 PM
    Already been discussed. There is a way to test the light in profiles. I would call tech support to talk you through the testing of the LED. You may have a bad device. I have that problem occassionally and a battery pull usually solves it. Hope its fixable!
    09-11-09 03:29 PM
    Well, when i press the Try it button, it does flash...

It is when actually really receiving msg that it doesn't...
    09-11-09 03:33 PM
    check to make sure your phone isnt in bedside mode in the clock menu
    09-11-09 03:34 PM
    check to make sure your phone isnt in bedside mode in the clock menu

Argh...I forgot to mention that possibility too. I knew that I read this.
    09-11-09 03:36 PM
    It is not in bedside mode...
    09-11-09 03:44 PM
    Just put the normal profile and it seems to work... But not in the phone only profile..
    09-11-09 03:46 PM
    Just put the normal profile and it seems to work... But not in the phone only profile..
    Doesn't the 'phone only' profile mean, phone calls only? Meaning no notification whatsoever for any other message.
    09-11-09 03:52 PM
    Doesn't the 'phone only' profile mean, phone calls only? Meaning no notification whatsoever for any other message.
    I was wondering the same thing, actually.

OP - it's worth noting that you can't change the default sound profiles on the Tour (it's an OS issue). The only profile you can change on phone is the Normal profile. The solution you're looking for will require you to set up a custom profile with the exact settings you want.
    09-11-09 03:55 PM
    What do you mean by can't change the profiles? You talking about the ring tone and everything or just the general settings?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-11-09 04:33 PM
    What do you mean by can't change the profiles? You talking about the ring tone and everything or just the general settings?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I'm talking about everything. If you're running the stock OS, then you can only make changes (ringtones, ring volume, when it vibrates etc) to the Normal profile. When you change to another preset sound profile (Loud, Phone Only, Medium, etc) the phone automatically adjusts your settings (like volume, for example) up or down relative to what you have set under Normal. I seem to remember reading that the new OS will allow you to customize the Tour's preset sound profiles, but I could be wrong.

Currently, the only way to have your sound profiles exactly how you want them is to create a custom profiles.

Here's a CB article that explains it much better than I just did.

Customize Sound Profiles on the BlackBerry Tour | CrackBerry.com
    09-11-09 07:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD