I was noticing today that my Tour's indicator light is no longer blinking when I get messages, calls, emails, bbm's, calendar notifications, nothing. I checked my profile options and the LED is on for everything and I even pushed the "try it" button and still nothing. It doesnt even flash during the "try it" mode. I went into the options and I tested the LED coverage light and that one does work. Can anyone give me any help or advice? Thanks.
    08-07-09 03:01 PM
    are u using buzz me or anything like that?
    08-07-09 03:07 PM
    Did you accidentally leave your phone in Bedside Mode? I made that mistake a week ago, only to look down at my phone to see 3 missed calls and a ton of new emails...
    08-07-09 03:13 PM
    Have no idea what Buzz Me or Bedside mode even are! lol I havent changed my profile at all since I got the phone. The only thing I have done is put it on mute a few times via the button on top. I also noticed the indicator light doesnt turn on when I plug it into the charger.
    08-07-09 03:16 PM
    Bedside Mode is an option in the Clock that shuts off your LED and all sounds (except for the Alarm Clock). You can check to see if you accidentally enabled Bedside Mode by doing the following:

Clock>BB Menu Button - if it says "Exit Bedside Mode", then it means you're in Bedside Mode. Click it and you're good to go.
    08-07-09 03:24 PM
    Where is the "clock" at?
    08-07-09 03:28 PM
    From your home screen, click the BB Menu button and all of the icons you haven't hidden will show up on the screen. The Clock should be in there somewhere. It's the icon that looks like...well...a clock.

If it doesn't show up, it's possible you've hidden the clock. In that case, click the BB Menu button again and click "Show All"...
    08-07-09 03:33 PM
    oh ok... found that and hit the BB button but it says "enter bedside mode" which I'm guessing means I'm not in it. Any other suggestions?
    08-07-09 03:40 PM
    One more, and then I've got nothin...

Try a battery pull, which tends to fix a lot of random funkiness on the BB. Simply pull out the battery (while the phone is still on), wait 30 sec and then put it back in.
    08-07-09 03:50 PM
    Well I tried that too and was unsuccessful and get my indicator light back. Sooo frustrating....
    08-07-09 04:07 PM
    Bummer...sorry I couldn't be more helpful! Hopefully someone else will chime in...

I'm assuming you've already searched the rest of the forum for related threads?
    08-07-09 04:08 PM
    A blip in the Matrix. I saw that! Do you have it on custom settings and have the indicator off? The BlackBerry Tour is a Beast!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-07-09 04:11 PM
    Yeah I have. The only other thing I can think to do is take it in but I dont really feel like setting up a new bbry. So the only thing I can think of is to deal with not having an indicator light or set up a new one.
    08-07-09 04:23 PM
    No I have it on the normal setting with the indicator light on for everything except the browser.
    08-07-09 04:24 PM
    When I read this, that's exactly what was going on with mine today and I checked: mine WAS in Bedside mode.... I didn't realize it could stay that way.
    08-07-09 04:36 PM
    yeah... not the case with mine. I wish it were that simple. I even entered and then sub-sequently excited bedside mode just to see if that would jolt the system.
    08-07-09 04:42 PM
    So I took it to Sprint and they called tech support. Turns out on some blackberrys the light bulbs for the indicator lights can be replaced... that is unfortunately not that case with the Tour so they are ordering me a new phone. It will be here in 3-5 days. Sucks I have to set up a new phone again but at least they are trying to correct the problem =)
    08-08-09 12:18 AM
    I had the same problem with my second Tour. Went to the Verizon store today and got it replaced! The LED on my phone kept working for few days and not working for few. It was a weird cause it would start working one morning and then won't the next day. Verizon rep knew it was a genuine problem and replaced the phone right away!
    08-08-09 01:17 AM
    I just had the same problem with mine but it was in bedside mode . As soon as I turned off bedside mode my light started working. I was never aware if that. Thaanks for the help. I hope that you get a phone with a good led light.
    08-20-09 07:36 PM
    just an addition to led lights working funky on the tour my indicator light just randomly stayed lit up blue i do have the berrybuzz app and when ever i would hit a button to make the screen light up the blue light would just stay on until the backlight shut off did a battery pull and everythings ok now but if it continues i would find it to be a hassle
    08-20-09 07:51 PM
    So I took it to Sprint and they called tech support. Turns out on some blackberrys the light bulbs for the indicator lights can be replaced... that is unfortunately not that case with the Tour so they are ordering me a new phone. It will be here in 3-5 days. Sucks I have to set up a new phone again but at least they are trying to correct the problem =)
    If you still have your old phone, you can make a backup using the Desktop Manager. Then just load it up into the new Blackberry once you get it. Works wonders.
    08-20-09 11:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD