Hello everyone. This is my first post on CrackBerry. I recently upgraded from an 8830 to a 9630 and its a big leap for me. I have a few questions about the operating system.

On the 8830 I was able to customize my profiles individually. Now it seems like I have one master one under settings and the profiles dicate how it effects the master? Is that correct? If that is the case does anyone have a list of how each profile effects your settings?
    07-16-09 01:13 PM
    Do a search for that, as its been covered many times over on the forums. The short answer is, yes you set one profile now and the other ones affect it. They are pretty much as described... loud, quiet, vibrate only... ect.
    07-16-09 02:24 PM
    I made the same change, 8830 to 9630. I'm very happy with the 9630, especially the increased device memory, but there are some things to get used to and "Sounds" is one of them.

As you said, you make all changes to one Profile---the Normal profile---and all of the other profiles are based on that. The names of the other profiles describe what they do, like make the rings/alerts Loud, Vibrate Only, etc. However, I haven't been able to find the actual numbers that relate to the other profiles---I don't know how much louder the Loud profile makes the rings/alerts. I know that we used to be able to do that with the 8830, which I liked.

You can make your own Profiles under Custom Profiles, but I haven't found the need for that yet.
    07-16-09 02:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD