I just got my new tour and noticed that compared to the bold it replaced the LCD screen has a very warm tint. I understand some people may prefer this but I personally prefer the bright crisp white of the bold screen. Has anyone else noticed their Tour lcd looking like this or do I have a defective device?
    12-21-09 12:48 PM
    I have noticed this as well. I have been through 4 tours, all new. 2 had the yellowish screens, 2 had the white that everyone seems to like better. I am assuming it has to do with where the screens are made? All for of mine were made in Mexico.

I did have this same issue with the 8330m curves. They all had the yellowish tint. The 8330 e? all had white screens. If it bothers you, return it and have them power on the phone before you purchase it.
    12-21-09 12:53 PM
    ive gone thru 4 tours as well and they have all had varying levels of brightness, the one i have now is bringht white, but the last 2 were totally dim and yellow and look like **** next to the white.
    12-21-09 01:07 PM
    i have had 5 tours, 2 new 3 refurb'd.

there were two different kinds, ones with a bright white screen and ones with a more yellowish tint.

i noticed on these devices also the keypads were different. the white screens had bright almost blu-ish keyboard backlighting. the yellowish tinted screens have white-but more halogen looking keyboard backlights..

i def prefer the brighter one.
    12-21-09 04:33 PM
    Wow, that's so interesting. Why can't they just be consistent and keep the brighter screens???
    12-21-09 10:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD