Not sure rather or not I asked this before lol but has anyone else who is using this update noticed that the signal status bar stopped working properly?

Its weird that mine bounces all over the place having no correlation at many times to what the actual -db value is. For example i can show -80dB in my status page but the icon on my home screen will show no bars for the signal.
    03-24-11 04:16 AM
    Not sure rather or not I asked this before lol but has anyone else who is using this update noticed that the signal status bar stopped working properly?

Its weird that mine bounces all over the place having no correlation at many times to what the actual -db value is. For example i can show -80dB in my status page but the icon on my home screen will show no bars for the signal.
    Works fine for me... that issue is non existent on my phone
    03-24-11 04:50 AM

On the home page hold Alt then press nmll and it will display the signal in dB value. More accurate than signal bars anyway.
    03-24-11 10:31 AM
    never had any os issues on my storm 2 getting ready to load this on my wifes tour from vzw right now
    04-26-11 12:13 PM
    never had any os issues on my storm 2 getting ready to load this on my wifes tour from vzw right now
    It acts totally different on a VZW Tour. Although not as bad as .983, it still caused several random reboots a day on my VZW Tour. Give it a try & post back any findings.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-26-11 12:18 PM
    yeah i had just updated it to 983 ,,, we bought it from a friend and was still on os 4 lol then saw that 983 had issues.. on second batt pull so far seems fine
    04-26-11 01:14 PM
    any one having issues with bluetooth. when i try to enable it just sits there. i dont get a error message, it just doesnt activate. i clean installed 2xs with bbsak
    04-27-11 09:11 AM
    any one having issues with bluetooth. when i try to enable it just sits there. i dont get a error message, it just doesnt activate. i clean installed 2xs with bbsak
    This happens to me occasionally. I'm not aware of any fix to this intermitent problem. When it happens I just go to Bluetooth Options in Manage Connections>Menu>Enable Bluetooth. That's what woks for me. Only once have I had to do a battery pull to fix this issue.
    04-27-11 10:16 AM
    This happens to me occasionally. I'm not aware of any fix to this intermitent problem. When it happens I just go to Bluetooth Options in Manage Connections>Menu>Enable Bluetooth. That's what woks for me. Only once have I had to do a battery pull to fix this issue.
    i do that and nothing happens. weird.
    04-27-11 11:05 AM
    well, after day one on this os my wife has no complaints of random reboots or the like, now must mention she is not a heavy bb user like most of us and this is her first bb., so with that said if there are any issues that arise i will surely post here
    04-27-11 02:53 PM
    Well i did stumble upon a problem, not sure if this is OS related or not because i have not seen this one yet. Had an update for app world the other day and it said it app world is not available for download through app world... yeah funny so i did it another way. Today i get an update for BBM tried to update through app world.. no go same error... any ideas?
    04-30-11 07:08 AM
    Is the tour going to get OS 6 soon?? I want to update my software but am not ready to part with my tour to do so!
    05-04-11 12:21 PM
    Is the tour going to get OS 6 soon?? I want to update my software but am not ready to part with my tour to do so!
    The tour will not be getting os6 at all

Buy a 9650 if you want os6

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-04-11 01:05 PM
    I just upgraded from 975 and all I have to say so far is WOW. I regularly listen to Sirius at work from my blackberry and while on 975 it would frequently cut out, buffer, and play again. So far with 1030 no cutouts.

I did notice there isn't a charging lightning bolt while plugged into the charger but who cares?
    05-24-11 03:08 PM
    Just loaded this and bbm said it needed an update so I did and now I don't have the icon for it and it's not hidden. Anyone else have this problem?

edit: can't combine the message folders either even though I have that set to do so.
    Last edited by kbz1960; 06-05-11 at 02:23 PM. Reason: add about messages
    06-05-11 01:57 PM
    Hi welcome and yes you are! New to bb or just this forum? There are a lot of great people that have a lot of knowledge but there are also a lot of trolls around here.

If you're new to bb click on the link at the top Blackberry Help, a lot of good info in there.

Have fun!
    06-10-11 05:11 PM
    great, has flashing lightning indicator when charging
    12-23-11 05:54 AM
  18. justice4rhapsody@embarqmail.com's Avatar
    I upgraded to the tour from the Bold just a couple of months ago, and I was wondering if there are any known reasons why I would be getting an error message when downloading a file. I found a bunch of info on them but from quite a while back. And on a different OS. Does anyone know what can be dont about it so I can fix it so it will work for me? It is the 'Uncaught Exception java.lang.error'. Thanks.
    01-12-12 12:58 PM
    I upgraded to the tour from the Bold just a couple of months ago, and I was wondering if there are any known reasons why I would be getting an error message when downloading a file. I found a bunch of info on them but from quite a while back. And on a different OS. Does anyone know what can be dont about it so I can fix it so it will work for me? It is the 'Uncaught Exception java.lang.error'. Thanks.
    Try wiping your Tour and reloading the OS. That usually fixes the uncaught exception error.
    01-12-12 01:18 PM
    Works perfectly if Combined with HybridMix hybrid package by MyAstro in an Indonesian forums. Battery can last up to 40 hours with Moderate Usage, 26 hours with Heavy Usage.
    01-28-12 04:00 AM
    Works perfectly if Combined with HybridMix hybrid package by MyAstro in an Indonesian forums. Battery can last up to 40 hours with Moderate Usage, 26 hours with Heavy Usage.
    Do you have a link to this hybrid?
    02-01-12 09:02 PM
296 ... 101112
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD