China Mobile released official OS v5.0.0.1062 today for you lucky Tour owners. Download below.

Package Version: 5.0.0.1735
    Consisting of:
    Applications: 5.0.0.1062
    Software Platform: 4.2.0.477
    File name: 9630jAllLang_PBr5.0.0_rel1735_PL4.2.0.477_A5.0.0.1 062_China_Telecom_.exe
    File size: 162.64MB

(East Asia also available)

Download here
    07-23-11 11:39 PM
    I've been out of the BB scene for a looong while, but in interest for my mother, is this the same OS style as what's on there now.. or is this the newer style found on the Torch, 9780 T-Mo bold, etc?
    07-24-11 01:58 PM
    I've been out of the BB scene for a looong while, but in interest for my mother, is this the same OS style as what's on there now.. or is this the newer style found on the Torch, 9780 T-Mo bold, etc?
    This is OS5. It isn't OS6, which is pre-loaded most current models.
    07-24-11 02:04 PM
    Installing it, will report back.
    07-24-11 04:18 PM
    Installation went fine, so far performance seems good
    07-24-11 04:37 PM
    newbie, never upgraded OS, did you use Desktop manager?
    07-24-11 06:02 PM
    Any idea what's changed since 5.0.0.1041?
    07-24-11 06:09 PM
    hehe..."lucky" tour owners.

mine has been acting up a bit lately. perhaps an os refresh will help. let's give it a shot!
    07-24-11 07:25 PM
    I installed this update and my email now actually seems to be synced with Gmail how I would actually desire it to be synced....

If I archive a message it archives, read it on the phone it is read on my web app and vise-versa...

And now some synchronizing thing has come up and is loading.
    07-24-11 08:27 PM
    If I was still an os5 user, I'd be excited about this... But I'm not. I downgraded to os4.7 and its been doing good for me sms-wise. That's what made me go back

Nice to see people still developing for the tour. Its a great phone

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-24-11 10:40 PM
    After a day of use, it's running very good. My two sync email accounts are working correctly, BBM it's fine, Twitter it's fine.

Have not notice any differences from the previous software, maybe it's a little snappier
    07-24-11 11:59 PM
    No, this is how i upgrade it:

1. Delete vendor file.
    2. Run the Loader file.
    3. Wait for the process to finish.

For detailed information you should check out the different tutorials on the site.
    mike in nc likes this.
    07-25-11 12:05 AM
    Here's my short-version OS install guide if anyone needs a refresher...

ELITE1's Quick OS UPGRADE GUIDE

1. (Optional) Uninstall any previous OS from your PC.
    2. Download OS to PC. Use Internet Explorer to do so, not Firefox or Chrome. (For leaked versions, the browser is irrelevant though.)
      **If you are 100% sure that you've successfully DLed an official OS previously from RIM directly using FF or Chrome, then go ahead and just use your preferred browser again!
    3. Following successful DL, run OS file to install OS on PC.
    4. On BB, go to BBM Options, scroll down to Backup section. Ensure Remote Backup is enabled AND also conduct a Local Backup to media card.
    5. Go through any 3rd party apps that have option to save settings to media card, and conduct Backup to media card from menu within each of these apps. (Examples: all Bellshare apps such as BerryBuzz & BerryWeather; QuickLaunch; Shao's apps such as Wallpaper Changer & SixTools; Show Me The Images; etc).
    6. Connect BB to PC. Open DM and backup device. Close DM.
    7. (Optional) Use desktop program like BBSAK or BBMCP to backup 3rd party apps.
    8. On PC, navigate to
      �64-bit: Computer/C:/Program Files (x86)/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader and delete file therein called Vendor.
      �32-bit: Computer/C:/Program Files/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader and delete file therein called Vendor.
    9. (Optional/Recommended) Run BB Boss or Shrink-A-OS/BBHybrids Tool.
    10. In same AppLoader file where you deleted Vendor, double-click on Loader to initiate OS upgrade. Follow onscreen instructions.

PS I've posted this before in other threads, but there always seems to be some people that appreciate a step-by-step each time.
    07-25-11 12:21 AM
    Thanks for the heads up!
    07-25-11 09:41 AM
    While I wait for the 9930 to come out on Verizon, I'm still rocking a Tour and was excited to see a new OS. Loaded this last night, everything seems ok so far, with one exception. Seems I can't hide sent messages. I can change the setting to "yes", but it never saves. Anyone else?
    Garvin6600 likes this.
    07-25-11 11:28 AM
    While I wait for the 9930 to come out on Verizon, I'm still rocking a Tour and was excited to see a new OS. Loaded this last night, everything seems ok so far, with one exception. Seems I can't hide sent messages. I can change the setting to "yes", but it never saves. Anyone else?
    Hey Foppa! I'm sure you know to do a battery pull after an OS is loaded, but try doing several, like 5 of them, and see if it fixes.
    07-25-11 03:16 PM
    Hey Foppa! I'm sure you know to do a battery pull after an OS is loaded, but try doing several, like 5 of them, and see if it fixes.
    Hey there, elite1. Yep, I've done quite a few BPs, no luck yet.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-25-11 06:03 PM
    Hey there, elite1. Yep, I've done quite a few BPs, no luck yet.
    Oh well, it was worth suggesting. Sometimes people do just one or none.

Hope you figure it out then!
    07-25-11 07:44 PM
    Hi everyone will this update work with my sprint tour on boost mobile??
    07-25-11 08:26 PM
    It work with my Sprint Tour on Movistar
    07-25-11 08:57 PM
    I'm not too sure what I am doing wrong, but I can't get DM or Loader.exe to update my phone. I was able previously to update my phone with a carrier-supported OS, but this one doesn't seem to want to work.
    I have removed all Blackberry software installed on my PC, re-installed and deleted the Vendor.xml file.
    Would the fact that my phone is on a BES have anything to do with it?
    07-28-11 11:28 AM
    Hi everyone will this update work with my sprint tour on boost mobile??
    If your Tour is currently working with Boost, then it still will after this upgrade too.

99.9% of the time, an OS is not specific to any carrier. All OS's are made by RIM and not the carriers.
    07-28-11 01:30 PM
    I'm not too sure what I am doing wrong, but I can't get DM or Loader.exe to update my phone. I was able previously to update my phone with a carrier-supported OS, but this one doesn't seem to want to work.
    I have removed all Blackberry software installed on my PC, re-installed and deleted the Vendor.xml file.
    Would the fact that my phone is on a BES have anything to do with it?
    No, being on BES wouldn't be responsible. Also wouldn't matter which carrier released OS.
    All OS's are made by RIM. Your BB and PC have no idea which carrier has endorsed any particular OS (if Vendor is deleted).

Go back and double-check Vendor is gone. Haven't seen it in awhile, but with some OS's Vendor would "magically" re-appear after deleted. This would only happen once, if at all.
    Always delete Vendor by holding down a shift key and clicking Delete key on your PC. This permanently deletes the file, vs just sending to Recycle Bin.

Look at my guide in Post #13 near bottom of Page 1. Any steps not mesh with how you've done it? Might want to uninstall this OS from your PC, then re-download & re-install it.
    To properly uninstall an OS from PC, open Control Panel, then Programs and Features (or similar item, as it has different names in previous Win versions). List of programs on PC will populate. Highlight OS and select Uninstall at top. (Close Control Panel after.) Find the .exe file you originally DLed, highlight, hold down shift, and delete.
    07-28-11 01:53 PM
    upgraded my Tour for the first time using this release, thanks very much for posting it.
    07-29-11 06:36 AM
    Anyone have any feedback on this? Like how is bluetooth working, anyone using it with the playbook?
    07-29-11 07:24 AM
58 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD