My phone would sometimes lag when sending texts after being idle for a while. Or it would lag when opening up applications.

I've read that some other people are having lag issues as well. It really wasn't a big deal, but it bugged me enough. I downloaded that BBSAK program and wiped the device, re-installed the OS and restored everything to my phone.

It hasn't lagged on me once yet. It may in the future, but who knows.
    08-01-09 02:19 AM
    When you restored did you do a regular restore from a full backup, or a minimal, selective backup of only certain databases + 3rd party apps?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-01-09 02:24 AM
    I reloaded my OS once already, but I didn't wipe first. I still have some lag, and periods of 5 - 10 seconds when the cursor freezes and doesn't respond to the trackball. I get the hourglass sometimes as well.

At least my Tour doesn't reboot now, which is why I reloaded the OS.

08-01-09 02:26 AM
    When you restored did you do a regular restore from a full backup, or a minimal, selective backup of only certain databases + 3rd party apps?

I restored from a full backup pretty much. Whatever the default settings are in DM is what I did. I backed up all of my third party apps too.

I think the device really benefits from a wipe and re-install. I noticed that a lot when I had my Storm. I'm not really sure why, but it just seems to work.

08-01-09 02:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD