Can anyone give me some advice? My tour has been amazing since day one. I have the very first model sold from a Best Buy in my area. About a week or so ago I began noticing great lag in the trackball and home screen navigation. Now my crackberry mobile is running wayyyy slower than usual and the home screen navigation freezes up all the time. Is a new OS in order to try or what? All help is greatly appreciated. I am trying very hard not to get discouraged.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-14-09 10:34 PM
    yeah im interested with any feedback too, mine's been semi-freezing up between locking/unlocking my phone, sending texts, and using some programs.
    09-14-09 11:26 PM
    I forgot to mention the lagging between locking & unlocking. Good call!
    09-14-09 11:28 PM
    Yeah unfortunately quite a few peeps have been experiencing the lag whenever they do quite a few different tasks. I myself am getting it alot especially when I am typing a BBM, or text message. It gets behind and I have to wait til it catches up, very ridiculous. Hopefully the OS upgrade that comes out will fix the lag/freezing issues, cuz they are a PITA
    09-14-09 11:39 PM
    is it the phone? or should we just wipe the handheld and go thru the pain of reinstalling everything? im also within 30 days so i can get a replacement. what do u guys think?
    09-14-09 11:41 PM
    Mine has weird lag issues as well. Every so often it will lag when trying to open and respond to text messages and sometimes while I type. I don't download any intense applications, and the issue comes and goes, very odd!
    09-15-09 12:13 AM
    I am on my 3rd tour and my wife is as well, did 100 wipes, reloads, etc, its still there. Honestly I dont think it will get better unti an OS update comes out.
    09-15-09 12:30 AM
    I've had the tour since its launch and the only issue I have is the lag. I was told by a rep at vzw store that a os update will fix the issue. Just waitin for the os to be released.
    09-15-09 12:34 AM
    A lot of it depends on what apps you're running. I had to hobble Viigo to control the lag. With the stock OS, I always had MAJOR lag coming out of being locked and a moderate amount of lag after sending texts/emails.

I've run all leaked OS and all the Hybrids and I can tell you it's just the current OS. The hybrid for 5.0.0.140 has zero lag for me.
    09-15-09 12:38 AM
    Can anyone give me some advice? My tour has been amazing since day one. I have the very first model sold from a Best Buy in my area. About a week or so ago I began noticing great lag in the trackball and home screen navigation. Now my crackberry mobile is running wayyyy slower than usual and the home screen navigation freezes up all the time. Is a new OS in order to try or what? All help is greatly appreciated. I am trying very hard not to get discouraged.

Take to Bestbuy Independence blvd location ,they will swap out
    Last edited by Slingbox; 09-15-09 at 12:45 AM.
    09-15-09 12:42 AM
    Before trying to swap it out, do you exit out of apps when you're done? Do you do any battery pulls/resets?

It seems strange that it would suddenly start having OS problems. Have you installed any new apps or anything?
    09-15-09 12:51 AM
    I do exit all apps when finished. I have done multiple battery pulls/resets. No new applications installed.

09-15-09 07:16 AM
    Yeah I removed all apps for a week including fb myspace etc. Still had the lag, it is an os prob.
    09-15-09 09:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD