50v7.11 hybrid is just awesome on top of the leaked 5.0.

I have very little lag, awesome battery life, the browser is acting supercharged. And, restarting my phone takes EXACTLY THREE MINUTES!

My TOUR is like a different phone. It started awesome, and now it's just WAY BETTER. (And, I'm no "fanboy". I was seriously looking at the Droid until I got a hold of this software.)

Installation was EASY, and took less than an hour.

One bit of advise. It is NOT necessary to install the 5.0 on the PHONE before you apply the hybrid. Instructions are sometimes confusing. The leaked 5.0 needs to be installed on your computer (uninstall other versions from Control Panel). Install the 5.0 leaked version (on your computer), then run the hybrid (on your computer, run Shrink my OS (on your computer), then run loader - and then - and only then do you plug your phone into the computer.
    Installation goes faster if you don't let loader re-install your date.
    11-26-09 01:18 PM
    I agree with this thread completely! With the emergence of working SprintNav now there is no reason to not take the plunge!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-26-09 01:40 PM
    My battery life is a little worse than it was while I used 4.7. Apparently it gets better over the days. I will agree its a little more snappy aside from battery I'm happy.

11-26-09 01:50 PM
    Regarding battery life, it seems like the battery takes forever to get as low as 50%, and then suddenly i look down and it's at 15%... but I agree, I LOVE this hybrid. Thank you, irtehun!
    11-26-09 02:29 PM
    50v7.11 hybrid is just awesome on top of the leaked 5.0.

I have very little lag, awesome battery life, the browser is acting supercharged. And, restarting my phone takes EXACTLY THREE MINUTES!

My TOUR is like a different phone. It started awesome, and now it's just WAY BETTER. (And, I'm no "fanboy". I was seriously looking at the Droid until I got a hold of this software.)

Installation was EASY, and took less than an hour.

One bit of advise. It is NOT necessary to install the 5.0 on the PHONE before you apply the hybrid. Instructions are sometimes confusing. The leaked 5.0 needs to be installed on your computer (uninstall other versions from Control Panel). Install the 5.0 leaked version (on your computer), ithen run the hybrid (on your computer, run Shrink my OS (on your computer), then run loader - and then - and only then do you plug your phone into the computer.
    Installation goes faster if you don't let loader re-install your date.

I didn't shrink os before the install. But my tour works fine. Can I shrink os and do a second install without deleting the hybrid? Big kudos to V7.11 as well.
    Last edited by veevans01; 11-26-09 at 06:11 PM.
    11-26-09 04:36 PM
    Big up to this post! I have this OS running on my Tour and I am loving it!
    11-26-09 04:53 PM
    YUP! I installed it today and it makes the standard 5.0 laughable!!!!
    11-26-09 05:37 PM
    How do you get your contacts and calendar back after install?

11-26-09 05:49 PM
    How do you get your contacts and calendar back after install?

When you update App Loader with back everything like that up, aleast it should, then puts it back onto your phone with the new OS.
    11-26-09 06:02 PM
    I'm hybridized by Irtehun, and have been since I got my Tour at release.
    11-26-09 06:15 PM
    Glad you guys are all enjoying the hybrid. Irtehun's been doing it for a while and I'm happy to see him get the recognition he deserves. The best way you can show your support is to express your gratuity over at BBHybrids - Blackberry Hybrids. It is amazing to see how many hybrid users there are nowadays.

I can agree with everything in this post. RE: battery life. When you first install the hybrid it will switch your radio to global instead of 1XEV the first couple of times. This can be a battery drain. Make sure you switch it back to 1XEV. Indeed, the battery life will also get better as the device normalizes after an install.

11-26-09 06:26 PM
    When you update App Loader with back everything like that up, aleast it should, then puts it back onto your phone with the new OS.
    What version of BB desktop manager are you using?
    11-26-09 08:43 PM
    I had to sync my Outlook to the BB after updating yesterday. Used DM to do it. Somewhere in the middle of it all I got the new DM update 5.0.1.28. Somehow I now have duplicate calendar entries though. So have to figure that one out.
    11-26-09 09:52 PM
    With much trepidation I decided to do this. I've done it many times before on my old 8830 WE.

I finally took the plunge.

All I can say is WOW!!!!!!!!!! any thanks to Irtehun's hybrid version.
    11-26-09 09:55 PM
    I had 5.0.0.230 installed, and now did the overlay of V7.11 hybrid. I believe the process went according to plan, but when the BB loader finished, it showed the following message on my PC:

Warnings were encountered during the loading process:

The following database(s) could not be fully restored to your device:
    "Browser Channels" 0 of 1 entries restored
    The backup data file has been saved to "C:\Users\xxxxxxxx.....

The device seems to work fine. The About screen shows v5.0.0.238.

Do I need to be concerned about the error message?
    11-27-09 08:36 PM
    During the Shrink OS, I told it to remove all of the Instant Messenger applications, except BB Messenger. Process is complete, but I still have icons for AIM, Google Talk, Yahoo Messenger, and Windows Live Messenger. How can I get rid of these things, other than just hiding them?

I now have 115.6MB of free space, with many applications installed!
    11-27-09 08:48 PM
    Verizon pushes those links to apps via servicebooks. Apps aren't actually installed and if u don't wanna see them, hide them.

11-27-09 10:40 PM
    Just to add my two cents:

• This thing is very fast.
    • 3 minutes boot time.
    • No lag.
    • Amazing battery life (I once got 46 hours with gps turned off).

What more could you ask for?

How about threaded sms? It has it.

A stronger radio? Radio swap to .191 is an easy fix.
    12-01-09 04:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD