Anyone else getting significant memory leak / battery drain after installing Kik Messenger? It's so bad I'm thinking about uninstalling and just sticking with Gtalk.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-08-10 04:10 PM
    Considering they have been having server and data issues, I don't doubt it one bit...
    11-08-10 04:17 PM
    Are you exiting out of the app? If you just hit the back button, it still runs in the background. To completely close it, hit it the menu button, and click "exit"

And like SD said, they've had some issues with RIM servers, so I'm sure that doesn't help anything.

I'm not noticing any more drain than normal using it, but something's always draining mine anyway :P
    11-08-10 07:44 PM
    its been really slow for me when going from my blackberry to an android smartphone (samsung fascinate). also it has to connect to the data network constantly, not sure if that's the nature of the program, but it really results in tremendous battery drain. really disappointing, i was liking this app for those who don't have bbm
    11-08-10 08:15 PM
    I'm one of the BlackBerry developers at Kik.

We have been dealing with a lot of load on the servers and as a result, we had to scale quickly. Unfortunately, this has caused some extra battery drain on BlackBerry and Android clients but we are working on a fix for this which should be released shortly. We have been focusing on stability and battery usage for this next release and shortly after, we'll be pushing out new features to the Kik community.
    11-09-10 11:20 AM
    I'm one of the BlackBerry developers at Kik.

We have been dealing with a lot of load on the servers and as a result, we had to scale quickly. Unfortunately, this has caused some extra battery drain on BlackBerry and Android clients but we are working on a fix for this which should be released shortly. We have been focusing on stability and battery usage for this next release and shortly after, we'll be pushing out new features to the Kik community.
    thank you for responding. i was really thinking that it has to be connected to the data network at all times for kik to work properly. and if that was the case, well... that contributes to the battery drain. is there a way i can get notification when this software update is available with these fixes? GREAT PROGRAM!
    11-09-10 12:17 PM
    I haven't been able to log in since last night.

Bold 9700
    11-10-10 10:02 AM
    Data usage is horrid, seems as you type the data arrows dont stop until you stop typing.

The scanning of contacts is getting confusing too. I hope that this will be taken care of soon.
    11-10-10 01:13 PM
    Data usage is horrid, seems as you type the data arrows dont stop until you stop typing.
    This was my biggest complaint as well hoping it is a problem and can be fixed soon

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-10-10 05:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD