my blackberry tour was sat next to a frozen bottle of water that sweated all over it I guess. It happened over night so Im not sure exactly what happened. Anyway, my phone turns on just fine it rings when I get a call or text and I can scroll around with the ball but can not click on anything or open the menu dial or anything. The key lock and silence button on the top of the phone wont work either. I have had the battery out letting it dry out if that is the problem. Any suggestions? Im on vacation for another month and need my phone. Please help
    07-07-10 09:02 PM
    Try getting a big Ziplock freezer baggie and filling it 3/4 with rice. Place your device in the bag and zip it closed for a day or two. It should come back to life - especially since the device wasn't submerged.
    07-07-10 11:22 PM
    +1 here on the rice trick; it worked for me about 3 months ago. As in your case, the BB only incurred minimal water damage. Good luck. Keep us posted on the efforts and how the device ends up!
    07-08-10 01:39 AM
    well I have tried the rice trick for 2 days now. I hope I didnt mess anything up by pulling it out and turning it on to see if it worked. Its driving me crazy because everything works the lights the sounds and someone calls and I just have to stare at it because I can not click anything to answer it. Do the sell just a keypad? I have insurance and everything but where I am there is no us cellular. Please help
    07-08-10 10:38 PM
    You can buy just the keyboard, its around $10. You need a T5 screwdriver to open the phone. It has 4 screws behind the battery cover and 2 under the front top cover. Takes me about 20 minutes to change out my keyboard. But I would check youtube and go very, very slow your first time around.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-09-10 06:24 AM
    ...You need a T5 screwdriver to open the phone.
    My phone took a T6 driver. Taking it apart is a piece of cake! I've done mine twice now. Use an Exacto knife to remove the sticker on one of the rear screws so that you can replace it without showing any sign of tamper. Good Luck!
    07-09-10 04:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD