I dont know if it has occurred in the past but i have just noticed my keypad light coming on for a short period when i use the phone and then turns off for a while, then fades back in, and then back out. sometimes it does not turn on at all. does anyone know how i may go about fixing this? the backlight section under preferences only refers to the screen backlight. thanks!
    12-23-09 05:05 PM
    The keypad (and screen) light is affected by ambient light which hits the sensor in the led window (colored blinker). So moving a finger/hand/other across or near it can affect the light.
    12-23-09 06:02 PM
    I dont know if it has occurred in the past but i have just noticed my keypad light coming on for a short period when i use the phone and then turns off for a while, then fades back in, and then back out. sometimes it does not turn on at all. does anyone know how i may go about fixing this? the backlight section under preferences only refers to the screen backlight. thanks!
    the Light sensor is inside the LED light at the top right of your phone. If your in a room with not so good light, and you want your keyboard on, just slide your finger over the LED light for a second and the keyboard will light back up again.
    12-23-09 06:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD