The new OS update for VZW to 5.0.0.591 does NOT have a keyguard/keylock that is standard on the older versions of the OS (the little "lock" icon from previous versions). Is there some magical way to get this back or any news regarding making this rather important feature return? I don't know about you, but I'm notorious for "**** dialing" people WITH a keylock, nonetheless without it!

Sorry if this is redundant- I couldn't find the answer anywhere and don't have the time to scroll through 20 pages for just this answer in the commentary regarding the upgrade.

Ultimately, I'm displeased with a lot of 5.0.0.591's features and glitches! This being one of the big ones.
    04-27-10 06:15 PM
    i haven't installed the 9630/5.0.0.591 patch. Does pressing the top left button put it into keypad lock for you?

Press and hold the A button?

Both of those work for me to lock the keypad. Alternatively, if you have a device password set, you can press alt then enter or K button (if dial from home screen is off) to immediately password lock the device.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-27-10 06:48 PM
    The lock icon will still be on the home screen. Select "show all" from the BB menu on the home screen and search through all the folders. It's there.
    04-27-10 11:57 PM
    You can perform a key lock by pressing the top left button.
    04-27-10 11:59 PM

Ultimately, I'm displeased with a lot of 5.0.0.591's features and glitches! This being one of the big ones.
    The reason I went back to .280 last night and I am back to being a proud BB Tour owner once again Between the endless clicks to get the browser to respond, quick pull not working and just experiencing the issue with the video camera not stopping from recording, that was it.
    04-28-10 07:45 AM
    or use the star button it works for me
    04-28-10 10:39 AM
    If you set a password I believe the lock app works as it dId. scrolling through 20 pages can be bypassed by doing a search. Then you may find 20 pages of posts about this very issue to scroll through.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-28-10 12:39 PM
    you can lock the keyboard, but its very easy to hit that button in your pocket. which is why i loved standby mode, you had to hit the two top buttons in sequence
    04-28-10 01:41 PM
    You can perform a key lock by pressing the top left button.
    I've been doing this, which works great- but again it's still rather easy to accidentally press the top left button in your pocket etc. Hmm.

I can't find the lock icon anywhere- I showed all, went through all the folders and it seems to have simply "poofed". Hm.

---

The browser click issue is miserable- I've never really experienced an inconvenience with the previous click-issues, but lately, with the update, it's been dreadful.

Sigh.
    04-29-10 10:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD