hey

I've had my tour for about 3 weeks now...switched over from a storm. I'm having trouble with the keyboard light. I've noticed that in sorta low light conditions that the keyboard light will not light up..I have to cover the light sensor up by the led.

Is this a hardware issue or OS? and are other tours like this? i've searched and read some threads of ppl with the same problem but was unsure if all tours are like this..cause if not..I"m getting a replacement cause it is utterly annoying to be typing the the keyboard light shuts off.

do u think I could get it to stay on by placing some black electrical tape on the sensor to keep it on?
    or app???

EDIT:::nevermind..I just popped off the top plate and stuck a small black square covering the sensor ..so now it goes on whenever.
    Last edited by chetman7; 01-03-10 at 09:09 PM. Reason: solution found
    01-03-10 03:23 PM
    I'm not sure if anyone knows how or if the darn keyboard lighting works or not.

Actually, it is suppose to get brighter when there is lots of ambient light so that it is not washed out by bright sun and be less bright in darker situations where there is no wash-out lighting.

The sensor is located in the led window (somwhere). Covering it would/should make it thing there is less light and dull the screen. Keyboard lighting is controlled under Options/Screen-keyboard. I notice very little difference in 10 and 100!!!!
    01-03-10 04:28 PM
    yea I went thru the settins...whatever I set it on does not have an effect on the keyboard..only the screen...

I wonder if its an OS or hardware. If OS, hopefully canbe fixed with the new 5.0..if rim even acknoledges the problem
    01-03-10 04:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD