I just upgraded to a Blackberry Tour from my curve. I like to keep my emails and texts separtate, and have successfully set that up. However, when I do get a text or email alert, the alert is displayed over the "messages" icon (where all messages go).

On my curve if I received an email alert, the "alert" displayed over the email icon. And if I received a text, the "alert" displayed over my "sms text" icon.

Is there a way to set this up on the Tour?
    02-07-10 02:23 PM
    I'm not sure how clear my question is... in other words... if I receive a notification that I have a new message, I don't know which icon to open up... my "email" or my "sms text" because the little red star is on my "messages" icon (where all messages including texts, emails, call logs and facebook are). I would like to know if I should go straight to my "email" icon or my "sms text" icon when I get a message alert.
    02-07-10 02:26 PM
    Yes. i'm pretty sure i get you.

Options
    General options
    SMS and Email Boxes: set to SEPARATE

This will create separate boxes for your email addresses and one for your SMS/MMS. When these are separate you will get the red notifier over whatever box the message is (SMS or Email).

Then hide the general folder named "Messages" which is a catch all folder. This way, you'll get your messages separately and know which folder to open

Hope that helps. If it's still wrong, try a battery pull. $aybe something needs reset.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-07-10 02:30 PM
    Also, are you using a stock theme that came with your BlackBerry? Or did you download one? Alert appearances are theme dependent but *should be the same as stock usually.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-07-10 02:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD