In your case you may require a 6th step do you have a Plam OS treo or a Windows Mobile OS treo?
    Windows ...
    07-03-09 09:53 PM
    This can be done numerous ways however if you have a lot of data lets ay 300 contacts and calendar entries that begin in the mid 90�s like myself using this procedure will protect your data, and alert you to sync issues quickly so that they can be resolved before you find your self sitting through long syncs.

Before we start anything I want to emphasize this. Nothing, nothing is more important than your data. Ask anyone who has had their phone lost or stolen they will tell you that although the loss of the phone was significant they were more upset about the loss of their data. These instructions will keep your data safe.

What we are going to do is copy your outlook data so that it is safe setup the synching of your computer to your BB and step setup google sync. If you don�t use google sync you can just disregard that portion of the instructions.

1. Open outlook and and click on Tools/Send Receive/Send Receive Settings/Disable Scheduled Send Receive. This will temporarily prevent Outook from automatically sending and receiving email. Next click on File/New/Outlook Data File Choose the Office Outlook Personal Folders File.pst and click on OK. In the new file dialog create a file named fake.pst The create Microsoft Personal Folders window will open. Change the name field to Fake and click on OK. In Outlook look at the folders list and towards the bottom you will see a folder called Fake. Right click on that folder and select close. Exit Outlook

2. Outlook by default stores all of it's information in a file called OUTLOOK.PST if you have not changed this it's location varies depending on the version of windows you are using. On Vista and Windows 7 computers it is located in: [C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook] if you are using a Windows XP computer its location is: [C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook]REPLACE USERNAME WITH WHATEVER USERNAME YOU USE ON YOUR COMPUTER Navigate to the folder that applies to you and you will see 2 files Outlook.pst and Fake.pst Copy Outlook.pst to another location for backup then rename Outlook.pst to Outlook.org then rename Fake.pst to Outlook.pst Once done reopen Outlook. You should have a blank outlook file.

3. In each of the outlook areas create an entry 1 contact 1 calendar 1 task 1 etc. Be sure that when you create your entries put information that you will be able to recognize home phone in the home phone field etc. When complete close Outlook.

4. Install the BB software and set it up to sync to outlook. Perform the sync. Now on your BB you should have the single items from Outlook. Open Outlook add 1 more item in each area. On your BB add 1 more item in each area make sure they are not the same as the ones in Outlook. Perform the sync again and check both Outlook and your BB they should have the same data 3 items in each area. If you don�t plan to use google sync you are done skip 5 and goto 6

5. Install google sync on your BB and setup sync with google. Google should have 3 items in each area add 1 item to each of Googles areas and 1 more item to your BB in each area. Sync with google. Now google and your BB should have 4 items in each area. Sync with Outlook again so that outlook your BB and google have the same info which should be 4 items In each area. This will confirm that your sync relationships function properly. Delete all the entries in each area in either Outlook or your BB then sync with sync with Outlook and then with google. This should result in all 3 locations having no data. After this is done close Outlook.

6. Return to C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook or C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook which ever applies. REPLACE USERNAME WITH WHATEVER USERNAME YOU USE ON YOUR COMPUTER. Rename Outlook.pst to fake.pst then rename Outlook.org to Outlook.pst Once done reopen Outlook. You should see your regular data. Make sure everything is intact. Click on Tools/Send Receive/Send Receive Settings/Disable Scheduled Send Receive. This will allow Outlook to automatically send and receive email. Sync with your BB and if applicable sync with google all of your data should be everywhere.
    07-04-09 02:00 PM
    Ya I installed the 8900 curve simulator off of BlackBerry's site. And playing around with my Dad's 8830 every now and then. And I've been here every day. I'm about to break 100 posts and I just signed up in anticipation of the Tour. I checked out apps at the crack store. I'm hoping the finance calulators will work on the Tour.

i am as well. do poynt
    get the blackberry simulator to get used to the os. i did and love it!
    07-04-09 02:28 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD