Ok what should I do, is there enough differences to upgrade now or should I wait.

With my Sprint business plan I get to upgrade once a year for free, I currently have the 9630 Tour and really like it but wish I had wifi, so do I upgrade to the 9650 or what I really want is the 9670 clamshell, but when is that coming out. will it be another year where I can safely upgrade to the 9650 now and still get my free upgrade to the 9670 next year or will the 9670 be out in the next few months and I can wait it out to get what I really want.

????????????????????????????????????????????????

Wade
    05-18-10 10:00 AM
    Who knows when the clamshell is coming out IF its even coming out to Sprint, I don't think anything official has been announced on it. Personally, I suggest you upgrade to the 9650 now and a year from now you might even have 2-3 new blackberries to choose from for your upgrade.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-18-10 10:09 AM
    candybar > clamshell/flip > slider

I try to minimize the number of moving parts on the phone. These things go through enough.

Stick to the 9650
    05-18-10 10:24 AM
    Did they tell you that you could keep your plan, or would you have to change for the 9650?

Ok what should I do, is there enough differences to upgrade now or should I wait.

With my Sprint business plan I get to upgrade once a year for free, I currently have the 9630 Tour and really like it but wish I had wifi, so do I upgrade to the 9650 or what I really want is the 9670 clamshell, but when is that coming out. will it be another year where I can safely upgrade to the 9650 now and still get my free upgrade to the 9670 next year or will the 9670 be out in the next few months and I can wait it out to get what I really want.

????????????????????????????????????????????????

Wade
    05-18-10 11:51 AM
    I doubt the 9670 will be out anytime soon. The absolute earliest would have to be July because that is when 6.0 should be released. Even that is still up in the air though. If you were a regular consumer who would be paying for the 9650 and signing another contract I would tell you to steer clear of the 9650 and wait for the 9670. However, since you get free upgrades and get upgraded once a year, I'd say it's a smart move to jump onto the 9650 bandwagon, especially if you really need wifi.

P.S. The 9670 is ugly.
    05-18-10 12:01 PM
    don't have to change plans, just keep extending, no big deal since I don't plan on changing carriers. Sprint has been very good to me and I have no complaints.

I think I will go ahead and get the 9650 unless I hear that the 9670 will be release on Sprint before the end of summer.

I really like the clamshell, I had an I500 when Treo first introduced it and just love that phone.

Wade
    05-19-10 10:56 AM
    If you want the 9650, get the 9650. Sprint is notorious for having HUGE delays between supposed/promised release dates, so you'll never know when the next one actually comes out (though the 9650 was a nice change! They got it BEFORE Verizon!!! ).

That being said, I'd hang on to your 9630 if you have a properly-functioning one. Since the 9650 is essentially a Tour with more memory, a trackpad, and WiFi, it is bound to be plagued by the same problems as the 9630 -- screen ripple, poor radio, etc. The few reviews I've read mention a loose trackpad that sits funny and lopsidedly, so the trackball problem may be replaced with a trackPAD problem. I'm sure that RIM has made some efforts to improve it, but with all the cruddy 9630s that first came out, I just think it'd be smart to hang onto your old 9630 until you're sure you're keeping the 9650.
    05-19-10 11:18 AM
    Just got back from Sprint and ordered the 9650 and I asked about the 9670 the manager of the store actually knew what I was talking about and said they have been briefed on it, but did not expect it to be released for Sprint until mid Fall. So this is promising, cause I am late on my upgrade maybe I can get the 9670 in the winter time

Wade
    05-19-10 12:15 PM
    I doubt the 9670 will be out anytime soon. The absolute earliest would have to be July because that is when 6.0 should be released. Even that is still up in the air though. If you were a regular consumer who would be paying for the 9650 and signing another contract I would tell you to steer clear of the 9650 and wait for the 9670. However, since you get free upgrades and get upgraded once a year, I'd say it's a smart move to jump onto the 9650 bandwagon, especially if you really need wifi.

P.S. The 9670 is ugly.
    LMAO! I agree. 9670 is ugly. And wouldn't ever use it. Don't care how good OS 6 could/would be. If you can upgrade free every year, go for 9650, or hold off. My Tour works great. Wouldn't upgrade to the 9650 just for wifi and trackpad.
    05-20-10 08:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD