Hi, I have been on these forums a while. I have been debating for two months over the Blackberry Tour and the Palm Pre.

Well the Tour won as I have placed my order today! In the end, I could not live without the tethering, no voice app and iPod cut off. (Although I knew of ways around the iPod block ) I feel like I am going to the Harley convention for the first time!

The biggest negative of the Tour is no WiFi. I probably would not use WiFi that much, but was worried of that gleaming moment of realizing that I really would use WiFi a lot. We will see... I saw some pics taken with the Tour on these forums the other day and have made my decision... For now I'm a Crackberry! After reading these forums for two months, I am afraid I have stepped past the point of no return!
    09-02-09 05:17 PM
    welcome aboard. keep in mind if you really love the tour that the essex is around the corner. I'm hoping this time next year. basically the tour with a trackpad and wifi!
    09-02-09 05:20 PM
    essex is coming before this time next year bud
    09-02-09 05:29 PM
    Welcome and welcome aboard .

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-02-09 05:38 PM
    essex is coming before this time next year bud
    Yes but before this time next year another device will be around the corner. The guy is trying to upgrade and the Tour is a sweet choice!
    09-02-09 05:42 PM
    The Tour is a sweet choice. No matter what a new phone will be coming out that you'll be tempted to pay full retail for.
    09-02-09 05:44 PM
    Funny, I was just wondering when the Pre was coming to verizon so I could switch. I guess a BB just isn't for me :[
    09-02-09 05:52 PM
    welcome aboard. i know you will enjoy the tour, i have really enjoyed using mine especially now that i put 5.0 on it
    09-02-09 06:23 PM
    Welcome aboard. You wont regret it.
    09-02-09 06:30 PM
    Hi, I have been on these forums a while. I have been debating for two months over the Blackberry Tour and the Palm Pre.

Well the Tour won as I have placed my order today! In the end, I could not live without the tethering, no voice app and iPod cut off. (Although I knew of ways around the iPod block ) I feel like I am going to the Harley convention for the first time!

The biggest negative of the Tour is no WiFi. I probably would not use WiFi that much, but was worried of that gleaming moment of realizing that I really would use WiFi a lot. We will see... I saw some pics taken with the Tour on these forums the other day and have made my decision... For now I'm a Crackberry! After reading these forums for two months, I am afraid I have stepped past the point of no return!
    An integral part of being a BlackBerry afficiando is being real. And being real is that the Tour's browser fails in the web browser dept. comparatively to the Pre. I only say this because you mentioned the Pre in your post; plus...I was a Pre user for a month before I switched to the Tour; so I know. Before I purchased the Pre; I was a longtime BlackBerry user and momentarily an iPhone user.

Funny, I was just wondering when the Pre was coming to verizon so I could switch. I guess a BB just isn't for me :[
    The Pre is a nice device is in it's own right. It's biggest downfall is its horrible battery life...its achilles heel for sure.
    09-02-09 06:33 PM
    The Pre is a nice device is in it's own right. It's biggest downfall is its horrible battery life...its achilles heel for sure.
    Yeah, I'm hoping the eos/pixie is better in both that aspect and build quality.
    09-02-09 11:30 PM
    Heya, welcome! Enjoy the handset.

09-02-09 11:32 PM
    You're a Tourist now, use it with pride!
    09-03-09 12:03 AM
    An integral part of being a BlackBerry afficiando is being real. And being real is that the Tour's browser fails in the web browser dept. comparatively to the Pre. I only say this because you mentioned the Pre in your post; plus...I was a Pre user for a month before I switched to the Tour; so I know. Before I purchased the Pre; I was a longtime BlackBerry user and momentarily an iPhone user.

Amen to that!! I too had a brief stint with the Pre and found the battery life was abysmal. The poor keyboard is truly what did me in though.....but the device does have a great browser and is very intuitive. The Tour is a better overall phone in my opinion....because of greater functionality.....Welcome to the club...
    09-03-09 07:37 AM
    I just finished playing with the Pre ( had it for about an hour ) and before both of them were released, i was debating which one to get. Let me just say that after my experience with the Pre , i am now even more convinced that i made the right choice by going with the Tour.

09-03-09 08:22 AM
    I think my Blackberry Tour will arrive in the mail today! Yippee!

Anyone know how to xfer my Motorola Razr contact list to my Blackberry?
    09-04-09 10:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD