I just returned the incredible after having it just over 24 hours... not happy with the phone at all... there are a couple huge draws backs about this phone, i warn anyone before buying.... when your outside with it and its sunny you can't see anything on the screen... and the battery life... omg battery life.... i'm talking with wifi off, gps off, bluetooth off... everything off practically and screen brightness all the way down battery is drained... i was at 33% by lunch time today after a full nights charge... unbeliveable... I was very pleased with the camera quality however the camcorder did not film with the flash on?!?! all the app's to fix this also do not currently work... overall phone is like a motorola droid without the physical keyboard... makes me appreciaate my blackberry so much more!!!! Now, back to waiting for the Bold coming out... CANT WAIT!
    04-30-10 08:39 PM
    every OLED screen you cant see outdoors...nothing new here

battery life on every HTC device is pathetic

makes you appreciate your trusty BB huh?
    04-30-10 08:43 PM
    Welcome back! I had a Palm for 3 days and exchanged it for my BB Tour, due in part to Palm's short battery life. That and the Tour's superior call quality compared to Palm make me appreciate my Tour very much.
    04-30-10 09:07 PM
    luckily the heir to the Android throne - Evo - will have an LCD
    04-30-10 09:19 PM
    Well from what I have played with, android kills the battery as well.

And I'm sure the 1ghz processor is hard on the battery.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-30-10 09:21 PM
    Only 24 hours and you're back to BlackBerry?

I had the Motorola Droid for almost a month before I came back.

All the flash and hype is around Android right now, but I'm keepin' it Crackin' with my 'Berry.

The Android OS is still in its infancy and it'll be interesting to see what happens with the HTC/Microsoft Licensing Agreement and all the possible lawsuits/infringements that are bound to happen.

I love my BlackBerry!
    05-01-10 01:45 AM
    I was pretty unimpressed with the Incredible. I used to have a Hero, and to be honest, its really no different. It just a lot faster with a better screen. But it didn't really do it for me when I played around with it.

05-01-10 03:25 AM
    Same her is had the Hero and the Moment. I liked the overall Android platform but I feel it has very poor implementation. Battery drain is horrible. Hard to impossible to see the screen outside. My impression with HTC in general is very poor quality control so I will not switch to the almighty EVO when it arrives. I will stick with my trusty Blackberry which works rain or shine. And no I'm not bashing anyone who switches. Those are soley my impressions with Android.

05-01-10 09:24 AM
    I wasn't overly impressed with the Incredible either. It really lacks any simplicity.
    05-01-10 03:27 PM
    My goodness...I thought that I was the only one that returned the Incredible and went back to my Tour...the Android was a good phone, but it required too much emotional energy to do what comes naturally with a BB...the battery life sucked and the voice quality was lacking. I waited all day for emails that came like lightning with my Tour....I am glad to be back...
    05-01-10 03:44 PM
    At the end of the day, I just want a device that works well. I do get excited about the bells and whistles, but my frustration when my device doesn't work properly when I really need it to, is intolerable. BlackBerry smartphones are just reliable in my experience. And now, BlackBerry devices have become even more reliable. I know that there are a number of BB users that have had trackball problems or issues with OS builds, but I have had more Tour for a month and I haven't had any of those issues. Plus, no random reboots like I had with my 8330. That was my only complaint about my trusty Curve. Now that's gone. BlackBerry has become my go to device for so many situations.

05-01-10 10:57 PM
    Only 24 hours and you're back to BlackBerry?

I had the Motorola Droid for almost a month before I came back.

All the flash and hype is around Android right now, but I'm keepin' it Crackin' with my 'Berry.

The Android OS is still in its infancy and it'll be interesting to see what happens with the HTC/Microsoft Licensing Agreement and all the possible lawsuits/infringements that are bound to happen.

I love my BlackBerry!
    A month wow. I was only able to deal with the droid for a week.
    05-01-10 11:11 PM
    Yeah I've been with blackberry for 4 years on and off. I always seem to go back to it. Went for the iphone, that didn't last long. Went with palm, that didn't last long either. Only thing that is hard on me now is not having my touch screen. I had the storm for 8 months before I had a huge dispute with verizon. Now I'm with sprint and on the tour. Knowing me, I'll buy the evo and end up back with my tour or get the bold

05-02-10 12:27 AM
    I am taking my Incredible back as soon as the store opens in the morning. I found the same thing as the OP. I ordered it over the phone from VZ but they told me that I can take it back to a store for a return and they will credit my card when it arrives at VZ. It will take 3 weeks to get my money back but that is about the time that I will need it for the VZ Bold.
    05-02-10 01:03 AM
    When i went to the store, they told me there would a be $35 restocking fee. Did anyone have to pay this when they returned the HTC incredible?
    05-02-10 03:06 AM
    I have the Incredible right now, and im headed to get a back up battery tomorrow this thing definitely dies fast (its only a 1300mAh), but has some great features as well. I'm going to try and put up with it for now. I'll give it one more week if it doesn't work for me after that i'll be returning mine too but im sure a 1750 mAh will change this problem significantly.
    Last edited by CrackberryBrandon; 05-02-10 at 03:52 AM.
    05-02-10 03:35 AM
    Why didn't you read a review on the Incredible and its battery life before purchasing it?
    05-02-10 09:36 AM
    Yes I had to pay a $35.00 restock fee but was glad to pay it.
    05-02-10 02:03 PM
    24hrs is not long enough to try out a phone period. I laugh at why people return stuff back for reasons like "I couldn't see the phone in the sun light". Give me a break. Anyways enjoy your tour to which I'm selling mines cuz I have the DROOOIIID.

Last edited by not_addicted77; 05-02-10 at 08:11 PM.
    05-02-10 08:08 PM
    24hrs is not long enough to try out a phone period. I laugh at why people return stuff back for reasons like "I couldn't see the phone in the sun light". Give me a break. Anyways enjoy your tour to which I'm selling mines cuz I have the DROOOIIID.

not being able to see the the phone in the sun is a HUGE deal. What about people who work outside for a living? Not being able to see the screen outside then whats the point in having a cell phone like that? I can easily see my Tour in the sun outside in the sun, but not with the Incredible
    05-03-10 08:17 AM

When I saw this post I died laughing. You honestly don't believe not being able to see your phone in the sun light is silly. It's a mobile device you should be able to see a smartphone outside thats a HUGE DEAL. Now I can see my incredible fine but I can understand someone returning it for that reason. It's halarious you believe this is silly. Do you go outside?
    Last edited by CrackberryBrandon; 05-03-10 at 08:34 AM.
    05-03-10 08:32 AM
    I also believe that 24 hours is really not enough time to give a phone like that a good assessment. Especially if this is your first Android phone. I had the Tour before I got my Hero and at first I was frustrated and ready to send it back but after a few days i got used to it. You should have gave it at least a week and see if the phone can handle your day to day activities before making the switch back.
    Yes i know we are all spoiled by our Tour battery life but if you think about it with all that phone can do you have to know the battery will not last as long as the Tour. I plan on getting the EVO when it comes out and i know i will need to keep a charger with me.
    05-03-10 10:14 AM
    my incredible is waiting at my place to be opened. i have a charger at my desk and in the car i dont see battery life being an issue too often for me.
    05-03-10 10:37 AM
    I have had 5 tours, my wife has had 4, my daughter has had 3, all with trackball and now speaker issues. I think the phone in general is good, but how many times should you have to replace a phone within the first year? I think when the 9650 comes out this month we all will be making a de-tour! Hopefully RIM will have ironed out all the wrinkles.
    05-03-10 01:56 PM
    When I saw this post I died laughing. You honestly don't believe not being able to see your phone in the sun light is silly. It's a mobile device you should be able to see a smartphone outside thats a HUGE DEAL. Now I can see my incredible fine but I can understand someone returning it for that reason. It's halarious you believe this is silly. Do you go outside?
    Does your uncle go outside? lol kidding. of course I go outside, I just wouldn't return a phone back for that reason, even if I worked outside(to the poster above you). There are ways to do it and if your counting outside as being at any outdoor games, then yes, that is silly, but I know they didn't say that, just saying.

05-03-10 05:52 PM
61 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD