Just got a brand new Tour yesterday (not a refurb), and the trackball is really loose.

Is this the trackball problem everyone is talking about? It works fine now but definitely is very loose.

Battery door is snug, fyi.
    09-01-09 09:08 AM
    Just got a brand new Tour yesterday (not a refurb), and the trackball is really loose.

Is this the trackball problem everyone is talking about? It works fine now but definitely is very loose.

No that is not the trackball issue, nor is that an issue. The Tour's trackball is recessed, loose by design. But the trackball issue people are having is that some people cannot scroll left or right at all, or with tremendous difficulty. You would definitely know if you had an issue.
    09-01-09 09:12 AM
    No that is not the trackball issue, nor is that an issue. The Tour's trackball is recessed, loose by design. But the trackball issue people are having is that some people cannot scroll left or right at all, or with tremendous difficulty. You would definitely know if you had an issue.
    Thanks. My first tour's trackball was snug which was why I asked. It also didn't seem quite as easy to scroll around and would easily impress down a couple milimeters.
    09-01-09 09:21 AM
    i have seen some tour trackballs at the store that stick out like curve ones
    09-01-09 09:27 AM

this si not the issue that everyone is claiming per say but if you feel that your trackball is a lil more loose than your liking I would just take it back but make sure you get a brand new one you should have 30 days
    09-01-09 09:41 AM
    give it a few days if all seems well, which more likely it will be. Then your all good. If not you can get a replacement......

As above the scrolling and sticking is the main issue with the first few runs of the Tour out the door.
    09-01-09 09:43 AM
    My Tour trackball is loose as well. I am on my 3rd Tour. The whole tb is loose. The whole trackball assembly moves around. Its hardly noticable but I notice everything lol. The batt door is tight everything else is top notch. A little trackball movement to me is nothing. I'm glad I got one with no problems. Hopefully it will stay that way!
    09-01-09 10:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD