Will Sprint be sending me a refurb. or new device and will my two biggest issues be solved: track ball and rebooting?????
    10-05-09 10:29 AM
    I received my replacement from Verizon on Friday. It was a green & yellow dot (not sure what those mean). Keyboard feels a little more stiff. The keys wobbled around a little more on the old one. The trackball feels just about the same, though I had a good one before anyway. When the backlight is on, there is NO light that seeps through right above the Call/BB/Back/End buttons. New battery door fits closer to the phone and there's just the slightest bit of movement. I still used the electrical tape in the latch trick to make it even more snug.
    10-05-09 10:47 AM
    Will Sprint be sending me a refurb. or new device and will my two biggest issues be solved: track ball and rebooting?????
    Carrier:Sprint
    I'm expecting replacement device within 3 hours-Fedex , I will let you know outcome.
    Last edited by Slingbox; 10-05-09 at 11:06 AM.
    10-05-09 10:58 AM
    You should expect a better running phone. Mine is a green dot and is awesome. You'll get the phone and nothing else so all you need to do is swap battery and sd card and send the old (bad) phone out to them within 10 days.
    10-05-09 11:00 AM
    they sent me a brand new device non-refurb. works great no probs yet.
    10-05-09 11:07 AM
    Well i guess i'll have to wait and see what come's in!

If i was to go into a store would they give me a new one[i'm sure they have plenty in stock] or would they just order me a refurb. one?

One of the reasons i haven't gone into a store is because i have to go through the whole "take it back to the mall to get the invisible shield back on" routine!!! Thanks for the comments guys/gals!!!
    10-05-09 12:46 PM
    If they are like verizon, if it has been longer than 30 days you will get a re-furb but if it is less than 30 days you will get a brand new one. I am going on my Third Tour from Verizon, expecting it today and all have been brand new. This will be my last tour and maybe even BB if my F'ing trackball doesn't act like it is supposed to. So sick of replacing these stupid phones.
    10-05-09 01:17 PM
    I have had mine for 45 days. I went into Sprint store yesterday for trackball issue, and they ordered me a replacement. Should be here tomorrow. The guy said it could be a refurb but will most likely be new because I had a pre-Aug 2nd Tour. We shall see.

My t-ball was perfect until 2 days ago. Now it sucks sooo bad. I cant wait for the replacement.
    10-05-09 02:59 PM
    Just received

The good
    1: Defect free trackball
    2:No voice muffle

The Bad
    1:Packing was absolutely tearable -device not in plastic no padding bounce around in box.
    2:Screen ripple
    3:#1 key sticks.
    4:Tearable build quality-plastic separation at top left corner brezel
    5:loose battery cover.
    6:No tamper proof sticker
    7:No GSM sim card
    8:Signel cycle

Spoke to Sprint their sending me brand new one free shipping etc.
    Last edited by Slingbox; 10-05-09 at 03:12 PM.
    10-05-09 03:04 PM
    WOW looks like it's a hit or miss with the "maybe i'll get a new phone" idea!
    10-05-09 06:50 PM
    First off Ive went through 5 of these bad boy since release...some better then others.

My Brand new 9630 Mexico-5 manufactured on 10-02-09 from Sprint/Asurion arrived today.
    Not 1 flaw perfection is had at last.
    Build quality's excellent , no screen ripple ,Strong signal no cycle , Sound is absolutely amazing! etc.

Good Job Rim
    Last edited by Slingbox; 10-06-09 at 03:56 PM.
    10-06-09 03:50 PM
    First off Ive went through 5 of these bad boy since release...some better then others.

My Brand new 9630 Mexico-5 manufactured on 10-02-09 from Sprint/Asurion arrived today.
    Not 1 flaw perfection is had at last.
    Build quality's excellent , no screen ripple ,Strong signal no cycle , Sound is absolutely amazing! etc.

Good Job Rim
    Is it really possible that a device built in Mexico on 10/2/09 could arrive at your house/work on 10/6? That just sounds too soon. What am I missing?
    10-06-09 04:02 PM
    Is it really possible that a device built in Mexico on 10/2/09 could arrive at your house/work on 10/6? That just sounds too soon. What am I missing?
    Me to but that's whats box has on it.
    They sent it out yesterday the 5th which leaves 3 days from assembly line to Asurion.
    That's a pretty tight timeframe.

Update: thanks to gadgetfreak2.
    There's a very small scue tag on box 10/02/09 - vnd:sprint/con - ID: jm
    looking at that a couple times ive come to the conclusion that its delivery tag to Asurane.
    Build date above Mexico-5 says (150909) = 9-15-09
    Last edited by Slingbox; 10-06-09 at 04:29 PM.
    10-06-09 04:12 PM
    Mine arrived this morning.

Brand new box. All accessories included (even 1gb micro SD card). Build date 09/09/09-Mexico 5. So far so good. All I was asked to return was phone minus batteries/accessories, so I got extras now!

Very happy with the swap so far.
    10-06-09 04:51 PM
    Wish me luck, I have tour showing up tomorrow, this will be my third. Hopefully I get a new one!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-06-09 05:45 PM
    Mine arrived this morning.

Brand new box. All accessories included (even 1gb micro SD card). Build date 09/09/09-Mexico 5. So far so good. All I was asked to return was phone minus batteries/accessories, so I got extras now!

Very happy with the swap so far.
    Is your trackball really sensitive?
    Mine feels like 80 but its set at 70.... very very fast response way more accurate then 8330
    I'm thinking higher quality trackball sensors are involved.

For example , When using Berryweather widget are moving so fast when switching locations overlap is occurring due to pin point trackball response.
    Overlap widget issue was fixed 2 builds ago yet shows itself again.
    Last edited by Slingbox; 10-06-09 at 09:08 PM.
    10-06-09 08:54 PM
    Is your trackball really sensitive?
    Mine feels like 80 but its set at 70.... very very fast response way more accurate then 8330
    I'm thinking higher quality trackball sensors are involved.

For example , When using Berryweather widget are moving so fast when switching locations overlap is occurring due to pin point trackball response.
    Overlap widget issue was fixed 2 builds ago yet shows itself again.
    Exactly. I tswaer the t-ball is raised a little. It is easier to scroll and click.
    10-07-09 02:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD