View Poll Results: Failure?

Voters
253. You may not vote on this poll
  • Satisfied

228 90.12%
  • Not Satisfied

27 10.67%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    It is a great device now, the first batch has some issues, big deal. Its obvious that RIM acknowledged this, hence I havent heard of one person who didnt request a new tour and didnt get it. SO I say kudos to RIM for taking responsibility and fixing the issue. I love my tour, kicks any phones **** that I have ever used, and I have used just about every smartphone out there. And guess what, when I had an issue with that smartphone, I was told too bad. And in regards to how many returned tours there has been, yes alot of ppl had to return bc of issues with the first batch, but the question is how many of those ppl stuck with the tour afterward. I am willing to bet that almost all of them stuck with the tour. Just my 2 cents
    The Tour is an amazing phone. However, my provider won't let me get a new Tour because I'm passed the 15 day policy. When my trackball only failed shortly after that time period.

Well, gonna get it sent in and hope for the best.
    09-20-09 11:25 PM
    I love my Tour. No problems at all and I have a ton of apps on it. Best phone I've ever owned...and I'm pretty picky.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-21-09 12:55 AM
    All my apps work, Google maps, GPS, Locator,both my Bluetooth ear sets work. Phone has been great.
    Your with Sprint, Google maps works only using tower triangulation as opposed to satellite, unlike Verizon.
    I'd call that half broken.
    09-21-09 03:04 AM
    Your with Sprint, Google maps works only using tower triangulation as opposed to satellite, unlike Verizon.
    I'd call that half broken.
    Doesn't sound like a tour issue, sounds like a carrier issue! BTW, I haven't read all the sprint issues as i am on vzw, and not to sound like i am talking down, but have you made sure that in settings for gps, it is set to on?
    09-21-09 03:43 AM
    guys call me crazy but earlier in the thread you guys were all complaining about the trackball issues and battery covers.. after reading a ton of these i have concluded that this was only for verizon tours. as mine is perfect
    09-21-09 06:46 PM
    I still have my Tour that I got on the initial release date. I have had zero problems and absolutely love it.
    09-21-09 07:56 PM
    I love my Tour also. No problems here since i bought it.
    09-21-09 08:03 PM
    I love mine so far. I did do a lot of reading and researching before I made the choice. The Curve was a close runner-up for me due to all the negative posts and reviews on here and other sites. But I took a chance and am glad I did. Me being new to them, may be a little ignorant or under-educated on how a perfect BB is but I must say, as for mine...so far, it's mighty close.
    09-21-09 08:04 PM
    Doesn't sound like a tour issue, sounds like a carrier issue! BTW, I haven't read all the sprint issues as i am on vzw, and not to sound like i am talking down, but have you made sure that in settings for gps, it is set to on?
    No doubt about it, this is a known issue with Tours new chipset.
    09-22-09 01:50 AM
    I would love it if we could have a list of known "real" issues with the tour and a simple way of trying to determine if yours ahs the problem or not.

I seem to have some trackball issues and the like, but I don't know if I am being hyper-sensitive to what I read on this forum or if there are real problems with my Tour.

Also, my local independent seller will swap me, but I don't think they have Green Dots. Should that matter? IF they are willing to swap, they should continue to be willing if others have issues.....right?

What was the supposed Mfg Date after which everything seemed to be better?
    09-22-09 07:55 AM
    I got the Tour the 1st day it came out and it has kicked *** for me everyday!!! I still love it! - In other words my Tourgasm is intense and it lasts a long time. )
    09-22-09 07:17 PM
    Now that I brought my first Tour back to my local independent store and got a Green Dot Tour.....I am very happy too. Love it....yada yada yada.

OMG, I can't believe he yada yada'ed the Tour!
    09-24-09 07:14 AM
    9000 Crackberry votes does not a valid survey make because Tour users on CB make up a small percentage of all Tour owners globally. A more statistically accurate poll/survey would include a proportionate amount of non-CB users who own Tours. No disrespect to Kevin Michaluk, but show me a real survey and maybe I'll start to believe the purported 50% return rate.

But yes, you're absolutely right...if the actual return rate is close to 50%, then that would truly be ridiculous.
    I think the relevance of whether or not there really is a 50% return rate is not the issue anymore. RIM has now had two huge phones released that have had awful hardware issues within the first few months of there product line lives. The Storm hurt their name, the Tour is not helping at all. The storm also was rumored a 50% return rate. The truth behind these numbers has become irrelevant. RIM is moving away from quality it would seem to pump out larger quantities of phones. The more phones in the market, the more market share they can control by appeasing many different segments of the market.

Its a shame we prob won't see phones made like the curve or 8830 anymore. those were considered high quality phones. even the Bold was exceptionally made hardware wise. Just goes to show you were the manufacturing industry is headed. If we as consumers expect new products to be faulty and buy them anyway, in a way we are causing our own issues.
    Last edited by backdown00; 09-24-09 at 08:56 AM.
    09-24-09 08:33 AM
    jeez... my friends trackball broke in a week....

plus ive read of countless others, high return rate, and now the new official OS getting pulled?

this forum looks like a complaint deptartment

post up
    Yeah, I'm definitely quite happy with mine so far.
    09-24-09 08:59 AM
114 ... 345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD