I used my NE2 discount and the price drop to purchase a brand new green dot Tour for myself and my son. We spent the night playing with them and various comments like "These things are great" were heard from my office. These are our first Blackberries so for us the learning curve is slow but we are spending many hours on Crackberry.com.
    When we were in Verizon yesterday getting the Tours I noticed that the sales rep grabbed two boxes and one box didn't have a green dot. (I learned about the green dot from Crackberry forums, gotta love it). I then politely insisted that both boxes have green dots, the rep faltered but then conceded and remarked that I must know more than they do. I downplayed it but did admit I spend a lot of time on Crackberry.com (gotta give the props).
    I spent many hours here on the forums debating whether I wanted a Tour or to spend the extra on a Tour2. The real issue was the price difference that the Tour 2 will probably be offered for. If I waited for the Tour2 I might not be able to purchase both. I also felt that if the trackball is fixed then it's a non-issue. As far as I could see, most past BB's have had trackballs so it must be good, we'll see.
    01-25-10 05:59 AM
    What OS is installed on your new Tours? 4.7.1.61 fixed many of the original issues, especially the lag. That's still the latest official Verizon release, but 5.0 is beginning to be released by other carriers.
    01-25-10 07:00 AM
    Congrats on your Tours. My first one had the bad trackball. Returned for a green dot and all has been swell since. I see no point (for me), to spend $ when the Tour 2 comes out just for the trackpad, wifi, and OS 5 native to the device.

You will love your Tours!
    01-25-10 07:50 AM
    What OS is installed on your new Tours? 4.7.1.61 fixed many of the original issues, especially the lag. That's still the latest official Verizon release, but 5.0 is beginning to be released by other carriers.
    4.7.1.61 is what OS came with our Tours. When VZW officially releases 5.0 I will upgrade them but I'm willing to wait. Since I insisted on the green dots we haven't had any problems with the trackball. I had convinced myself that the trackball was terrible and the trackpad was the only way to go, the trackball is fine. I went on BB's web site and counted I think 9 models with trackballs and only 4 with trackpads. So far, we love them. I especially love the BB Messenger.
    01-29-10 07:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD