Let me preface by saying I've had a pearl, curve, and storm. So I'm not new to the BB world.

Anyway, I just got my 9630 yesterday and am having problems setting up my Gmail account. I logged into the Verizon BIS site and tried to set up my email though there and it says invalid email address and/or password. I KNOW the password and address are typed correctly.

When I try to set up my Gmail on my phone it say "unable to set up [email protected]. Please try again"

I have tried to do it on the phone and on the BIS site 20 times and it still won't work. I have resent the service books about 5 times and did 2 battery pulls and nothing.

Anyone have any ideas?
    09-12-09 07:32 AM
    I am not pro, but I have noticed that they maybe something wrong with BB email this morning. I have one and my wife has one and neither of them seem to be getting email. I have a Gmail account and her email is with att. Hopefully others will chime in on the email working or not.
    09-12-09 07:36 AM
    I know Verizon was having network issues yesterday, not sure if that has something to do with it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-12-09 07:52 AM
    It has nothing to do with your phone so resets and service books will in no way help.

There are 3 things that can be happening:

*You are indeed typing in the wrong credentials
    *POP/IMAP access is disable in Gmail options
    *BIS may be having issues.

Good luck buddy.
    09-12-09 07:53 AM
    i used GMAIL and mine is working like a champ this morning...and has been since 5 A.M. Central Time...i live in alabama
    09-12-09 08:00 AM
    Have you tried the email application that you can download from google itself? I have set up both and I like the interface from the google app.
    09-12-09 09:47 AM
    I helped a buddy of mine with this exact same problem yesterday. In a nutshell, your google account has probably been locked from adding the account. You need to go here to unlock it (Change the "xx" with "tt")

hxxps://www.google.com/accounts/DisplayUnlockCaptcha

Please post your results on the forum afterwards
    09-12-09 09:52 AM
    I helped a buddy of mine with this exact same problem yesterday. In a nutshell, your google account has probably been locked from adding the account. You need to go here to unlock it (Change the "xx" with "tt")

Thank you! That worked.
    09-12-09 11:19 AM
    Have you tried the email application that you can download from google itself? I have set up both and I like the interface from the google app.
    I forgot all about that. I used to use that on my BBs a long time ago. The iphone (the phone I'm coming from) doesnt have a gmail app, so it kinda slipped my mind.

I might just use that anyway.
    09-12-09 11:20 AM

WOW! I can't believe the luck I've had in just one day. I was killing myself trying to figure out what could be going wrong, and it turns out the account was locked. What the heck causes this to happen? I've never heard of that link!
    09-12-09 08:14 PM
    ...your google account has probably been locked from adding the account. You need to go here to unlock it (Change the "xx" with "tt")

Can you explain this please? How did it get locked? Other than the issue described above, what are other symptoms of a locked account?
    09-13-09 10:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD