Just two days ago I switched from a Curve 8330 to the Tour 9630. What a difference!!

I love the entire GUI in the Tour, and the extra memory and speed is very nice. Overall it has a much more refined feel to it then my Curve. I don't think I could go back So far, here's what I've noticed:

Pros:
    -Better screen resolution; I absolutely love the screen on the Tour. I loved my Curve's screen but this is even better, looking much more crisp and vibrant.
    -Much improved browser; this is one thing I really wanted for my next phone, and the Tour didn't disappoint. The browser has taken a big leap over the Curve's.
    -Better camera
    -More memory
    -Better looking bezel
    -Miscellaneous additions and improvements
    -World phone, has SIM card
    -Comes with new case, I like it better than the regular clip-on case
    -Much better keyboard, feels very nice

Cons:
    -Different USB connection than past blackberries
    -Case is shiny black, which looks nice but attracts tons of fingerprints
    -Still has a lot of Blackberry eccentricities (no vibrate+ring, some other basic operating features other phones have)
    -Still no WiFi. What is the deal with Sprint not having a phone that's 3G+WiFi?
    -Shift and alt buttons are differently sized from the Curve. Just takes getting used to.

I have had no problems with screen rippling, back door looseness, or track ball issues whatsoever. I must have gotten a good one!
    08-10-09 04:52 PM
    congrats on the Tour! Its a great phone!

as far as the battery cover from sprint being all glossy, you could always buy the Verizon battery cover door for the Tour which looks 10 tims better then sprints version and does not attract any finger prints at all.

USB connection is the same on all blackberrys now, so no need to switch USB connectors all the time anymore.

Tour has no wifi as of right now, but sprint says they will have a tour with wifi next year sometime, and verizon will have a Tour next year with wifi as well but not called the Tour.
    08-10-09 05:02 PM
    Hmm thanks for the tips. I will definitely have to check out that Verizon cover. As far as WiFi goes, I don't really have a need for it, but I do think it's stupid that we keep seeing blackberries that are either 3G or Wifi, but not both.

Is this new USB connection the same one that is soon to be standard across multiple phone manufacturers?
    08-10-09 05:28 PM
    i saw a sprint tour finally...the back cover does not even match the rest of the phone. i don't get it.
    08-10-09 05:41 PM
    Yeah I actually just put in an offer on a VZW cover on ebay. You're right, it does look a lot better. It's weird that Sprint's doesn't match the phone :-/
    08-10-09 05:42 PM
    Great choice chosing the Tour...now if only I can get one haha

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-10-09 05:46 PM
    Well, my $10 offer just got accepted, sweet
    08-10-09 06:15 PM
    Apparently, the European Union mandated the usb size or, at least, that a common standard be adopted to avoid creating new wall wart trash with every phone upgrade.

Motorola makes/made an adapter which can take the "normal" size and turn it into a new BB size. Find them on Amazon.
    08-10-09 07:07 PM
    Well, my $10 offer just got accepted, sweet
    cool! that will make ur phone look a lot better then the sprint version of the battery door. I can't believe how ugly the battery covers on the sprint Tours look glad ur getting the verison battery cover door
    08-10-09 09:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD