I just got my blackberry tour woot just like 10mins ago its pretty nice this is my first phone!!!!! ima add a 8gb or 16gb to the phone and screen protector... HOLLA BACK AT CANADA VANCOUVER!

Also please give suggest on what i should first do with the phone? update it?
    10-12-09 09:34 PM
    Def make sure your S/W is updated. The Tour is new so you want to make sure you're current.

Then... start having some fun. Also go to BlackBerry Messenger and download BBM 5.0 (go to that link from your browser).

Then play around, and be happy that you're getting a pretty solid battery life for an "always on" data enabled device, and laugh at previous phones you've had. Welcome to the Crack.
    10-12-09 09:38 PM
    My battery life on the Tour seems horrible. I got the phone as a replacement from Verizon after my 4th BB Storm. The battery seems to drain extremely quickly, even more so than the Storm. I charged is as stated by RIM...Full overnight charge, and then let it get down to 1 bar, and do the same thing again. Still having issues with a shortened battery life. Have any pointers on extending the life? Or do you know a forum posting where i ca nget this info? I searched the forum's, and could not find anything regarding this! Thanks!
    10-13-09 02:18 PM
    Congrats! As for the battery life issue....I bought a spare. Funny though, I've never had to use it.
    10-13-09 02:20 PM
    enjoy your tour!! i have it for almost two weeks now and i still cant seem to put it down! lol
    10-13-09 02:41 PM
    My battery life on the Tour seems horrible. I got the phone as a replacement from Verizon after my 4th BB Storm. The battery seems to drain extremely quickly, even more so than the Storm. I charged is as stated by RIM...Full overnight charge, and then let it get down to 1 bar, and do the same thing again.
    Wow my batterys great thats strange my battery is always around 50% or higher by the time i goto bed and i do pretty heavy usage r u sure you arent leaving apps running in the background or somthing cuz the tour defently has better battery life then the storm thats strange.
    10-13-09 03:53 PM
    My battery life is usually fine most of the time and can go with it a full day before I have to charge it again. But there has been a few times when the battery life all of the sudden takes a plunge...strange
    10-13-09 05:17 PM
    My battery lasts 3 - 4 days with moderate use. I close all apps after using them and I am not a gamer.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-13-09 06:48 PM
    Yeah NO joke this battery suck!!! I have a question, does any one have a list of codes for bbm?? example *ar* will give a pic of the Argentina flag, *beer* will give you a pic of a beer, (*) will give you a pic of an gold star....ect... If you notice on the 4th page of your symbols there are some icons missing like Q, R, P, Z, X is there a code to unlock those letters?? i've been looking for about a week.. let me know.. THANKS
    10-13-09 07:18 PM
    My battery was better after I turned off the GPS (to E911 only) and dimmed my screen a little. I am sorry that I don't remember the thread that advised that. Maybe just search a little for battery life in the threads. I love mine!
    10-13-09 07:18 PM
    I can't wait to upgrade from my curve to a storm in December!!!!
    10-14-09 03:50 PM
    In less than a month I can upgrade up to a tour!!!! I can't wait!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-14-09 06:04 PM
    and laugh at previous phones you've had. Welcome to the Crack.
    This pretty much sums it up perfectly. Enjoy, and welcome.
    10-14-09 07:01 PM
    Had mine for two months and haven't looked back at my curve or 8830. Get the 16 gig card. You wont regret it. Have fun.
    10-15-09 09:07 AM
    Like everyone else has said your going to love this phone. you have been for warned its addicting. Welcome to the Tour family
    10-15-09 10:45 AM
    Seidio Innocase II combo...
    or
    Invisible Shield full body kit...w/ OEM holster...

8gb or 16gb MicroSD...

Microfiber wipe and compressed air can...

Install Crackberry.forums launcher...

Battery pull once in the morning and at night...

And last but not least the let no one hold your Blackberry Tour...!O!
    10-15-09 10:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD