So, a little over a year ago, I bought an app from Javatek called "TrackIt: Vehicle Edition" for my Curve. I loved the app for keeping track of my gas usage and how many miles to the gallon I was getting and stuff like that. I also use it to keep track of maintenance costs on my car to see the average of how much I spend on the car each month, and to schedule stuff like tire rotations and oil changes.

I upgraded my OS and didn't back it up, and uneducatedly decided I had probably just lost my money and didn't want to buy the app. Now, that I've gotten the Tour, I thought "man, I'd love to have that again, but I ain't paying $25 again." I decided to email them to see if there was anything I could do. Sure enough, all they needed was the PIN from my Curve before and they were able to give me a new activation code so I could download a new version to my Tour and activate it.

It looks different than the other version, I don't know if it's cause this is on the Tour or what, but this version isn't as "flashy" (which is fine with me really).

Guess I just wanted to chime in and share. I guess it can't hurt to write a developer and ask right? In this case, it sure helped me out!
    07-17-09 12:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD