so I am eligible for annual upgrade. Verizon says this:
    Annual Upgrade available for My Verizon customers
    You can get a new phone every year with Annual Upgrade. Sign up for a 2-year agreement on a calling plan of at least $49.99 and you can purchase a new phone at its promotional price through My Verizon every year with a 2-year renewal (upgrade fee may apply).
    so if the promotional price is $269.00 that is what I pay at the store? then I should get a MIR for $70? is that right?
    But if I order online its $199 cause the instant rebate for online orders?

I guess I don't want any price surprises walking into the store.

thanks ahead of time for clearing this up for me.

Everyone enjoy your Tour no matter if you go to the store or its fed-ex to you
    07-08-09 06:54 PM
    Yes , if you buy it at the store it will be 269.99 with a 70.00 mail in rebate , if you order online it will be an "instant" rebate and you pay 199.99.
    07-08-09 06:56 PM
    I guess what's throwing me is the (upgrade fee may apply) I don't want to go in the store and they try to up the anty so to speak with other fees. when I could stay home and pay less... leaving the $70 rebate out of the picture.
    07-08-09 07:02 PM
    Yes , if you buy it at the store it will be 269.99 with a 70.00 mail in rebate , if you order online it will be an "instant" rebate and you pay 199.99.
    Will that same instant rebate apply to phone orders?
    07-08-09 07:13 PM
    Instant rebate will apply , as far as i understand it , only for online orders , thats it . The 1 year upgrade i think might be more expensive ....... think its 369.00 with a 70 $ mail in rebate , i would talk to a live rep on verizon wireless.com
    07-08-09 07:21 PM
    Annual upgrade fee is $20.00 if upgrade @ 12 months versus 20 months which is your NE2 date. You loose that if you do an annual upgrade.
    07-08-09 07:27 PM
    sighhhhhh THAT'S what I was afraid of.... :-(
    07-08-09 07:35 PM
    Annual upgrade fee is $20.00 if upgrade @ 12 months versus 20 months which is your NE2 date. You loose that if you do an annual upgrade.
    I spoke to a verizon rep a little while ago and the $20 to upgrade is waived if your a VIP Customer...
    07-09-09 06:21 AM
    I spoke to a verizon rep a little while ago and the $20 to upgrade is waived if your a VIP Customer...
    how do you determine if you're a VIP?
    so it looks like now I'm paying $299 for the phone with my annual upgrade pricing?? bummer.
    I'm on my 3rd curve so I think I may have to call sunday and ask if they will bump up my ne2 which is 1/12/2010.
    I wonder if they will thats a full 6 mos.
    I didn't mind paying the $199 but no $299 plus $20...

and I have my curve on ebay already........ I'm in a pickle now
    07-09-09 09:47 AM
    It's my understanding that only VIP's are even eligible for Annual Upgrade. Call and let us know what they say; I'm thinking you'll only end up paying $199.
    07-09-09 09:51 AM
    wtf is a VIP customer??? i mean, i been with VZW since summer 2003...but grrrrrrrr @ the $20...not feeling that part...
    07-09-09 10:10 AM
    Question, if X amount of people are on an account is everyone a VIP member and can get fee's waived such as phone book transfers etc? Or is only the primary account holder line the VIP member?
    07-09-09 10:19 AM
    I pre-ordered online just a few min ago, I have been a VZW customer for just over one year. I paid $199, and had it billed to my account. Just an FYI...
    07-09-09 11:03 AM
    I pre-ordered online just a few min ago, I have been a VZW customer for just over one year. I paid $199, and had it billed to my account. Just an FYI...
    how'd you manage that? you've got the magic touch!!!!
    07-09-09 04:06 PM
    It's my understanding that only VIP's are even eligible for Annual Upgrade. Call and let us know what they say; I'm thinking you'll only end up paying $199.
    my account is already noted that I am eligible for an annual upgrade with discount pricing ( upgrade fee may apply) with a new 2 yr contract.

don't think I need to call if thats posted on my account
    07-09-09 04:07 PM
    a vip customer is someone who is on a plan 79.99 or more per month and has a good billing history. You need to be on this plan for a full 4 months before you are considered a vip.

i noticed you are in california too.. dont forget the tax will be based on the full retail price of 489.99. just thought you should know so you dont have any surprises.
    07-09-09 05:24 PM
    I hope so!
    07-09-09 06:04 PM
    a vip customer is someone who is on a plan 79.99 or more per month and has a good billing history. You need to be on this plan for a full 4 months before you are considered a vip.

i noticed you are in california too.. dont forget the tax will be based on the full retail price of 489.99. just thought you should know so you dont have any surprises.
    yep on the 79.99 or more per month and yep to the good billing history been with vzw 7 or 8 years.

thanks for the reminder of the tax on the full retail ( which totally sucks btw)
    I'd forgotten that.
    07-09-09 06:06 PM
    sighhhhhh THAT'S what I was afraid of.... :-(
    Stop being a chizzler.
    07-09-09 06:10 PM
    Stop being a chizzler.
    jhatz,
    what's a chizzler... u know... so I can understand what I'm stopping being
    07-09-09 06:29 PM
    jhatz,
    what's a chizzler... u know... so I can understand what I'm stopping being
    A chizzler is much like a cheapskate...
    07-09-09 10:35 PM
    ok now THIS is interesting! I logged onto my verizon account my my upgrade status 'wording' has changed. it used to say "upgrade fees may apply" along with stating I am eligible for annual upgrade with discount pricing or my ne2 is 1/12/2010. Now it says this:

Upgrade Status:
    Eligible for Annual Upgrade with discounted pricing.
    You will be eligible for New Every Two on01/12/2010
    Selecting Annual Upgrade with discounted pricing requires a two-year renewal and will impact your existing New Every Two eligibility

interesting that the 'upgrade fees may apply' statement has been deleted.
    This 'chizzler' may just save a buck or two. which is a good thing!!
    07-10-09 06:00 PM
    So I got a question. I am going to make the switch from a Moto Q to the BB Tour. I am a former Alltel customer. I was told that if I upgraded, I would need to upgrade my wife as well, because we would both have to have Verizon phones.

But...when I went to try to order it online, it says that my wife is not eligible for an upgrade till 12/1. But if I upgrade...so does she...

Am I hosed till December, or do I have any recourse because we switched from Alltel?
    07-10-09 07:33 PM
    ...I would need to upgrade my wife as well...
    Sorry I can't really help you, but this definitely made me LOL.
    07-10-09 08:40 PM
    Sorry I can't really help you, but this definitely made me LOL.
    HAH...she is 36...you think I could get 2 - 18 year olds for her?
    07-11-09 07:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD