Mods, please feel free to move this thread, but I felt appropriate to put it here as the TOUR is the unit I have.

I am such a nerd. The little things make me so happy, and I'm completely OCD about my BB. Here are a few of my favorite things...
    1.) ability to set CUSTOM RADAR map to animated map from Accuweather.com in BERRYWEATHER (or whatever it's called now) - besides the fact that BerryWeather is fantastic eye candy, I now can see the map I like to see.

2.) AutoText: I have so many custom auto texts, I just get giddy when I can type out an email or text message and watch my shortcuts turn into real words making my texting/emailing so much faster.

2A.) On this note: can I say how much I can NOT live without Vlingo. I LOVE this app and didn't mind the $18.

3.) BBM 5.0 - LOVE having pictures by my contacts, LOVE linking contact to BB contacts and LOVE using contact shortcuts on my main screen. I just wish I knew what the "show what I'm listening to" did.\

4.) LaunchPad - creates website shortcuts, LOVE this.

5.) Using the Q button to quickly make my phone quiet.

6.) JUST LEARNED HOW to increase the font size in web browser: I know, I'm a dolt, but I just learned how and I'm SO MUCH happier.....lol

7.) Beyond 160 just makes me happy. Love being able to send a little more "professional" sounding text message since that's the ONLY way some people communicate and you lose credibility when you type using "u" "R" "2b" etc. So my way, they get 2 messages and I get to use full words. Joy.

8.) LOVE LOVE LOVE having a 3.2 mp camera right on my phone, WITH A FLASH. I carry a 3.2 point and shoot and it's my favorite little "quick" camera. Now I just use my Tour. Happy.

9.) I'm a dork, but I LOVE the new symbols in UberTwitter. SO FUN. I told you, it's the little things...

10.) My # 10 favorite thing will be: THREADED SMS MESSAGES.

My BlackBerry life will be complete.

Oh yeah, and I love BeeJive for facebook chats, love Slacker, blah blah blah.....and so on...... I haven't tried QuickLaunch, but I suspect that would be on this list. Just haven't been motivated to do it......

Anyway, thought I'd share a few of my favorite things!
    BG
    08-17-09 07:48 PM
    Uh, thanks?
    08-17-09 07:54 PM
    i agree with most of your points! BB are an awesome phone and a nice OS. Even with some of the hiccups right now, I would not trade it for another phone.
    08-17-09 07:55 PM
    Nice Thread Thanks
    08-17-09 07:59 PM
    Uh, thanks?
    With responses like that, you have "Follow me on Twitter" in your sig? Yeah, I'm racing over to find you right now....................

.....don't think so.
    08-17-09 08:21 PM
    good post OP... I agree with everything you said
    08-17-09 08:25 PM
    "Show what I'm listening to" shows the song you have on as your status if you're playing music.
    08-17-09 08:30 PM
    "Show what I'm listening to" shows the song you have on as your status if you're playing music.
    08-17-09 08:30 PM
    Great post! It's good to see a post that doesn't include complaining. I too love my BB and wouldn't trade it for anything else on the market right now.
    08-17-09 08:40 PM
    I have to agree this BB is a joy to use. I'm really having a blast so far.
    08-17-09 08:42 PM
    With responses like that, you have "Follow me on Twitter" in your sig? Yeah, I'm racing over to find you right now....................

.....don't think so.

LOL - you go girl! I completely agree with you - I'm new to BB and I love my Tour!! Everyone else is just so gosh darn negative, its awesome to read something "refreshing." Fabulous!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-17-09 08:53 PM
    what are the new symbols in uber twitter?

nice post OP
    08-18-09 02:29 PM
    I loved reading this post, I agree with mostly everything you said. There needs to be more people like you, instead of people complaining about every little thing.

Thanks a lot for brightening the mood!
    08-18-09 02:33 PM
    Yeah, you go girl. You just go right ahead and post whatever you want. Don't let TonyTwitter discourage you.
    08-18-09 02:36 PM
    RavenDee, the new symbols are hearts and smiley faces, etc... Really cute, I hope they add more.
    Thanks for the encoragement awu and kjjb

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-18-09 10:07 PM
    Thanks OP great to know!
    08-19-09 05:10 AM
    I had no idea that "q" sent it straight to vibrate...that will save me at least 20 seconds every day...thank you!

No really, what a help. Nice post.

I personally love having two convenience keys. I had the 8830WE and i just had the convenience key set to do nothing since i like to use it to just turn on the backlight, now i can have one do nothing, and the other do something...
    08-19-09 08:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD