Store opens at 11. I'm visiting from out-of-town (San Francisco), and rep at the store was from LA. We had a good, brief convo and I know he's calling me as soon as the store opens to say "it's here" so I can auth it all and drive over (3 minutes) and make it official.

As for the flamer with AT&T: good friggin' luck. I had AT&T for 59 days and happily returned to Verizon with my Curve. I am always looking for better services and products for my money, and I tried the iPhone. Great device, but service was awful. I would get no service, or some, or full strength and I'd miss calls or couldn't place outgoing ones. No thanks.

I also tried T-Mobile 4 weeks ago - in SF, amazing voice service. But T-Mo's servers stopped relaying Blackberry mail mid-Sunday one weekend, and I was told it would take until "Tuesday or Wednesday" to fix it, and that's a deal-breaker to me. Took the Curve 8900 back to the store on day 3 and came back.
    07-12-09 06:57 AM
    In an effort to keep the spirit of the thread instead of debating at&t vs verizon, I am shocked that I am still the only person in line at a corporate store.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-12-09 06:58 AM
    Anyone from long island NY? The closest store here is a vzw but says ZOOM...reseller? Closest next one almost ten miles...

07-12-09 06:59 AM
    i didnt see not one line for the bold when it came out
    07-12-09 07:00 AM
    Looks like I'm the first in Pooler Ga to get a Tour

07-12-09 07:01 AM
    Don't hate just because u r lining up like an ***** to buy a less than elite phone

I'm not sure what you do for a living, but if you knew what I did for a living, you would know that hating on anyone for aphone they have or do not have doesn't enter my mind for a single second of any day. I have far greater concerns about the well being of people in general. I come to the forums for information, not to bash.

07-12-09 07:01 AM
    I never heard of the bold until I went on blackberry website a a few weeks ago.
    i didnt see not one line for the bold when it came out
    07-12-09 07:04 AM
    I"m getting ready to leave right now!
    07-12-09 07:05 AM
    I'm not sure what you do for a living, but if you knew what I did for a living, you would know that hating on anyone for aphone they have or do not have doesn't enter my mind for a single second of any day. I have far greater concerns about the well being of people in general. I come to the forums for information, not to bash.

WELL SAID!
    07-12-09 07:06 AM
    So True
    Sorry folks.I started this thread for the people in line to update us. For we are not all that lucky to get the latest Blackberry. I did not know it was going to bring out the "My phone is better then your phone" weirdos!
    07-12-09 07:09 AM
    WELL SAID!
    I second that !! its a phone recieved confirmation for my order for 2-3 bus days via Verizon.com//should have went to the store to get today i wonder if anyone is in Springfield, MA i wonder if theres a lot of peoplle lining up
    07-12-09 07:11 AM
    So True
    Sorry folks.I started this thread for the people in line to update us. For we are not all that lucky to get the latest Blackberry. I did not know it was going to bring out the "My phone is better then your phone" weirdos!
    I told you guys yesterday this was gonna happen. theres going to be a lot of guys coming on here starting fights. just keep reporting them as you see them
    07-12-09 07:11 AM
    Please keep the thread on topic and avoid personal attacks. Thanks!

Personal Attacks
    Do not flame, insult or post personal attacks against other users. Be courteous, not rude. Any instances or reports of harassment of members will be treated seriously. CrackBerry.com has a zero tolerance policy against this kind of behavior, which may result with an immediate temporary or permanent ban at moderators' discretion. CrackBerry.com is a friendly place - treat members with respect at all times. If you don't have something nice to say, do not say it!

Reporting a bad post
    There is a "Report bad post" button on the top right side of each post (red/white triangle) or you can send a PM to a moderator.
    07-12-09 07:12 AM

Electrical Engineer so I know a thing or two about these devices.

07-12-09 07:14 AM
    Congratulations - you rock that tour now, ya hear!

Looks like I'm the first in Pooler Ga to get a Tour

07-12-09 07:15 AM
    I'm standing outside my local PC Richard because they have the Verizon kiosk that Circuit City used to have. My Tour is inside, reserved for me! But, I am the only person here lol. There was an employee standing outside and he goes, "can I help you?" I was like "Just waiting for the store to open." " you know that's not for another hour, right?" "Yup". Lol I feel like an ***** out here by myself. Then again, I'm going to be the coolest person at the party this afternoon

07-12-09 07:17 AM
    Electrical Engineer so I know a thing or two about these devices.

Great, I'd rather pay Verizon about $2 a day when traveling overseas rather than ask around if they have wifi I can use. After a few months, all VZW BB's will have wifi. What are you gonna pick on then? 5.0 will have threaded SMS, and a host of new BBM features? Are you gonna move to the iPhone and then come back here only to tell us we're all outdated?
    07-12-09 07:17 AM
    First one in Tulsa, OK!

07-12-09 07:18 AM
    I'm standing outside my local PC Richard because they have the Verizon kiosk that Circuit City used to have. My Tour is inside, reserved for me! But, I am the only person here lol. There was an employee standing outside and he goes, "can I help you?" I was like "Just waiting for the store to open." " you know that's not for another hour, right?" "Yup". Lol I feel like an ***** out here by myself. Then again, I'm going to be the coolest person at the party this afternoon

Awesome! Does anyone know what time Rockville, MD stores open? 8 or 10? They were not helpful at all when I tried calling this week! Anyone, Anyone?
    07-12-09 07:18 AM
    Any body waiting in line in Staunton, VA?? The stores here don't open till 10.

07-12-09 07:20 AM
    hey congrats to all who are getting their new berries today hope you enjoy them
    07-12-09 07:21 AM
    Man, you guys are getting me excited.

I think there are more forum posters -- and line waiters -- than for the Storm.

Does anyone think that's true?
    07-12-09 07:22 AM
    I just read thru the first few pages and was laughing when some of the employees made comments lol it's great!!

Good luck to all. I am the only one here as well. Empy lot !!! Lol

1 hour and a half to go.

07-12-09 07:23 AM
    Ok now I'm anxious....as of yesterday our decision was to wait till Monday, when we'd for sure be in the system (converting from Alltel this weekend). Now I want to go today even though it means paperwork. Or Best Buy if someone can clear up the whole pricing thing for me.....
    07-12-09 07:24 AM
    Awesome! Does anyone know what time Rockville, MD stores open? 8 or 10? They were not helpful at all when I tried calling this week! Anyone, Anyone?
    Rockville: 10a
    Montgomery Mall Kiosk: 11a
    Rockville Town Square: 10a
    Bethesda (Chevy Chase): 10a
    Gaithersburg: 10a.
    College Park: 10a.

Happy now?
    07-12-09 07:25 AM
140 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD