i guess my biggest gripe is the battery on my TOUR is HORRIBLE...very little usage in 20 hours and it's already dead...I am about to call my local store and speak to tech support to see if they have gotten any returns due to poor battery life...

this is something that I think is wierd....

make a call on speaker phone and look at the ELAPSED TIME, does your TIMER stop and start?

during WIPE HANDHELD, progress bar flickers...

please reply to this thread and tell me if you have any of the top 3 issues with yours....

thanks and Happy TOURING ;-)
    07-13-09 04:01 PM
    the only 1 that seems to be a problem is the battery life...
    07-13-09 04:03 PM
    the only 1 that seems to be a problem is the battery life...

are you having the same problem with battery life?
    07-13-09 04:05 PM
    are you having the same problem with battery life?
    no hope I don't... I pre-ordered lol
    07-13-09 04:09 PM
    How many "issues with the tour threads" do we need? The subject of your thread indicates that there is more than one issue. Your thread would be more appropriately titled "Battery Life Problems", so that people know what they're getting into when they click on it.

There are a few threads dedicated to all Tour issues, can't people just post there? They are all on the front page!
    I apologize...
    07-13-09 04:11 PM
    How many "issues with the tour threads" do we need? The subject of your thread indicates that there is more than one issue. Your thread would be more appropriately titled "Battery Life Problems", so that people know what they're getting into when they click on it.

There are a few threads dedicated to all Tour issues, can't people just post there? They are all on the front page!
    ... you guys should post in my poll

http://forums.crackberry.com/f141/ca...al-1-a-266177/

its about were your tour was manufactured & if your problems are related to that it might help you
    07-13-09 04:12 PM
    Battery life here is also bad. Let's try to narrow down the problem instead of just spitting out vapid complaints though.

I'm running:

Facebook
    UberTwitter (set at 10 minute refresh intervals)
    Google Maps (with Latitude sharing enabled)

Backlight is set to 100 with auto backlight dim set to OFF.
    Bluetooth is on but not connected to anything.

With the above things enabled and after moderately high use (although very little calling), the phone is almost completely dead after about 11 hours from the last charge.

That's about all I think that is relevant. Starting tomorrow I think I'm going to not run Google Maps or UberTwitter and change the auto backlight dim to on and see how it affects it.
    Last edited by slinky317; 07-13-09 at 04:15 PM.
    07-13-09 04:12 PM
    i guess my biggest gripe is the battery on my TOUR is HORRIBLE...very little usage in 20 hours and it's already dead...I am about to call my local store and speak to tech support to see if they have gotten any returns due to poor battery life...

this is something that I think is wierd....

make a call on speaker phone and look at the ELAPSED TIME, does your TIMER stop and start?

during WIPE HANDHELD, progress bar flickers...

please reply to this thread and tell me if you have any of the top 3 issues with yours....

thanks and Happy TOURING ;-)

Not having these issues. Sorry man.

Love my Tour
    07-13-09 04:15 PM
    Battery life here is also bad. Let's try to narrow down the problem instead of just spitting out vapid complaints though.

I'm running:

Facebook
    UberTwitter (set at 10 minute refresh intervals)
    Google Maps (with Latitude sharing enabled)

Backlight is set to 100 with auto backlight dim set to OFF.
    Bluetooth is on but not connected to anything.

With the above things enabled and after moderately high use (although very little calling), the phone is almost completely dead after about 11 hours from the last charge.

That's about all I think that is relevant. Starting tomorrow I think I'm going to not run Google Maps or UberTwitter and change the auto backlight dim to on and see how it affects it.
    I hope you are joking...
    07-13-09 04:50 PM
    K let's get 5 threads down to one.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f141/to...t-here-265171/
    07-13-09 04:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD