so i just got my phone replaced because i was having charging issues with it. finally got my replacement and it was working like a charm, charged well and held batter charge good, phone would last whole day, now when i downloaded the new desktop manager which is believe is 6, i connected my phone and it told me i had an update so i went ahead and did the update. ever since i did this update i have been having so many issues. my phone wont hold charge, it lags a lot also freezes, when i type it will lag super hard for example if i am typing out "i went too the meeting" in stead of me getting that it would look more like "i. WeNNt Oo. tHe mEtinGGG." which is very annoying. i have another issue where if i am typing to fast my screen will flicker and then show me a message that i can not read and then reboot on me. my phone also locks up and will lag to switch apps and home screens.

all these problems started right after i did that update and when i speak to the customer service reps at sprint all they can suggest is that i take the phone into a service center or do a hard reset, from what i know a hard reset is a battery pull, which doesn't work at all cause i do it a million times a day. the rep was telling me that the "hard reset" will delete everything off my phone which is like, fine because at this point i really don't give a damn i just want my phone back to how it use to run. i back up my phone every day any ways. . .

does anyone know whats going on or has anyone else going through the same issue? i hope someone can help. . .
    09-05-10 11:33 PM
    How about downgrading it back to .484 from sprint or installing .732 of VZW? Instructions how to downgrade or upgrade can be found by going to BB 101 here on the site.

A hard reset is a security wipe: security >> security wipe. his will put it back into a clean factory state
    Last edited by Mistik1973; 09-06-10 at 12:09 AM.
    09-06-10 12:03 AM
    i'm on my 6th tour, they are a sorry phone, take it back and get you a new one. Untill your upgrade you will half to stick to the tour but, everytime it tears up take it back to the verizon store
    09-06-10 12:15 AM
    he's on Sprint and not Verizon. This is clearly an OS issue.

My Tour is functioning fine and I sometimes wonder what people do with their phones to have it replaced 6 times. what kind of issues did you have with it?
    09-06-10 02:35 AM
    he's on Sprint and not Verizon. This is clearly an OS issue.

My Tour is functioning fine and I sometimes wonder what people do with their phones to have it replaced 6 times. what kind of issues did you have with it?
    well before getting a blackberry i had a i880 but since i'm going into business i figured i should get a more business oriented phone. so i got my black berry and everything was great till one day i got that "error 503" or whatever it is, and i restored the phone everything was great and then i got the same issue again. called and i got a replacement which was working fine, till i got the same issue as well and i know replacement phones are refurbished. i hate getting refurbished phones for the simple fact that to begin with they was returned to sprint with issues already, i use to be a tech and i know damn well that most phones that go in for repairs are no good and even if they do "fix" them they don't really fix them or check them out for that matter. the next replacement i had gotten had a charging port issue, it was loose so its wouldn't charge right also would overheat and not hold charge. finally called in and got another phone which is the current one i own now, everything was perfect and i was really happy with the phone. . . till i downloaded desktop manager 6, when i connected my phone to check out the new features or updates it right away told me that i had new updates for my phone, i went along and updated. . . since the update ive had a crappy phone. . . super laggy, doesn't hold charge anymore, wont lets em type fast, will reset while in the middle of typing. its just a disaster, if i could i would turn back time and not even bother with the upgrade. when i called sprint all the things they told me to do wont work, they want me to go into a service center but i feel that's a waste of time. i would be a lot better if they just sent me a replacement in the mail and saved me the trip to a service center.

out of all my friends i am the only one other then one other person having this issue.
    09-06-10 08:41 PM
    i really want to get the torch. . . but yea sprint is a no go on that
    09-06-10 08:42 PM
    OP try loading either OS Mistik mentioned. I'm running verizon's 732 on mine and don't have any problems batterywise.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    09-06-10 09:31 PM
    well before getting a blackberry i had a i880 but since i'm going into business i figured i should get a more business oriented phone. so i got my black berry and everything was great till one day i got that "error 503" or whatever it is, and i restored the phone everything was great and then i got the same issue again. called and i got a replacement which was working fine, till i got the same issue as well and i know replacement phones are refurbished. i hate getting refurbished phones for the simple fact that to begin with they was returned to sprint with issues already, i use to be a tech and i know damn well that most phones that go in for repairs are no good and even if they do "fix" them they don't really fix them or check them out for that matter. the next replacement i had gotten had a charging port issue, it was loose so its wouldn't charge right also would overheat and not hold charge. finally called in and got another phone which is the current one i own now, everything was perfect and i was really happy with the phone. . . till i downloaded desktop manager 6, when i connected my phone to check out the new features or updates it right away told me that i had new updates for my phone, i went along and updated. . . since the update ive had a crappy phone. . . super laggy, doesn't hold charge anymore, wont lets em type fast, will reset while in the middle of typing. its just a disaster, if i could i would turn back time and not even bother with the upgrade. when i called sprint all the things they told me to do wont work, they want me to go into a service center but i feel that's a waste of time. i would be a lot better if they just sent me a replacement in the mail and saved me the trip to a service center.

out of all my friends i am the only one other then one other person having this issue.
    You must have had bad luck. My Tour functions fine. I had mine replaced once as I dropped it and started having radio issues, but that was my own fault.

It sound like you had a bad OS install. You can manually reinstall it or install another OS that 4 sure is bug free. I run a hybrid butr .732 of Verizon or .484 os of sprint work awesome. Just back up your data, wipe your phone and start with a fresh install. That should work and it saves you a trip to a service center.
    sprint always have been good to us. They replaced my phone even though it was my own fault. If you had so many replacements I would ask for another type of device like the 9650.
    09-06-10 10:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD